~twenty-two~

Yara rolls her eyes as Lucas steps into the elevator, holding the door open.

"Such a gentleman." She snorts.

"Hey." He says, and she leans against the wall, facing him.

"What?" She smirks.

"Stop rolling your eyes." He says, pressing the ground floor button.

"Then stop creating them." She bites out.

"Creating them? Please, this is not me creating them. Let me know if you ever want me to create them." He smirks.

Her heart stops but she plays it cool. "Sure, because you would totally do that." She scoffs.

He narrows his eyes. "That a bet? I'd make your eyes roll more than once, guaranteed." 

She snorts again. "Okay, princess."

He glares at her. "No. Only I call you that."

She smiles. "Well you can't control what comes out of my mouth, baby."

He pauses for a second, then scowls. "How good would the world be if I could."

Yara laughs as the doors zoom open. They walk to the front desk, where the receptionist was. 

The blonde immediately recognizes them, eyes brightening as she registers who they are.

"Lucas Finnegan! Yara Moore. How may I help you?" She smiles, but glances between the both of them.

Yara and Lucas were famous for their 'rivalry' and all of their petty fights. It was probably strange seeing them not arguing. 

Not like we weren't a minute ago in the elevator, Yara thinks.

Lucas smiles charmingly. "We need a ride."

"Please." Yara cuts in, glaring at Lucas but smiling at the lady.

She catches the look and hides her smile, delightfully answering. "Of course!" She chirps.

Yara wets her lips as the lady directs them to a limo that had pulled up front.

"Off you go, lovelies! Have a good night." She winks suggestively. 

Yara grits her teeth. She could get her fired if she wanted to. The knowledge was comforting as she hops into the back of the limo.

After greeting the driver, Lucas tells him where to go.

~~~

The two stop at a gas station. Yara smiles as they hop out.

"It's been so long since I've been to a petrol station." She murmurs as Lucas strolls next to her.

"Really?" He frowns, glancing down at her as he swings open the doors.

She nods as the bell chimes. 

"Don't you drive?" Lucas asks as Yara stops in front of the aisle with makeup in it. "Do you not fill up the gas yourself?" He asks.

Yara pauses and turns around, looking up at Lucas. She feels a smile tugging at her lips and does nothing to prevent it. He was so cute. "Why so curious?" 

She marvels when he goes the very lightest shade of pink. She clears her throat as if snapping out of his trance and turns back around, surveying the selection of makeup removers. 

"I'm not. But do you?" He snaps.

She grins, happily acknowledging the fact he couldn't see her face. "Of course I know how to fill my car up. I just... have people that do it for me." She bites her lip, picking a blue makeup remover.

She turns and bats her lashes at him as he scoffs. "What else would I expect?"

She laughs and continues down the aisle. She stops at the chips section. "Oh my Lord. They have spicy chips!" Yara exclaims, squeaking eagerly. 

Lucas glances at the chips and back at her face. He grins and bends down, making his eyes level with hers. 

"You like spicy, princess?" He smirks suggestively. 

She gulps at the nickname. 

Stop, Yara. You don't... actually like it, do you?

Oh, what's the point in pretending. Yes, you do. 

You like it very, very much. 

"Please, I'm the Queen of Spice. Literally. When I was fifteen I entered a competition. My mother's side of the family came in handy." She smirks, grabbing two packs of the spicy chips. 

"Oh, that sounds like a challenge." Lucas smirks and Yara's knees almost go out.

"Come on then, white boy. I don't think you could win against me." She grins, shoving the chips against his chest, forcing him to carry it. 

"It's so on, princess." He chuckles. "And don't think I'm inexperienced with spice. I travelled across the whole of Asia when I was sixteen. I had rich curries from India, and spicy noodles from Thailand. I'm not the average 'white boy' when it comes to spice." He scowls, but Yara could tell that he wasn't so annoyed anymore. He was enjoying this.

Yara stares at him, blinking. "Huh. Didn't know we were bragging. Okay then. You asked for it, Finnegan. I travelled the whole of Asia when I was twelve. I revisited Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia three times again by the age of fifteen." She continues as she walks to the bakery aisle, picking out a muffin. 

"Want a muffin?" She asks casually.

Lucas breaks out in laughter. His deep laugh never ceases to amaze her. 

More like his laugh never ceases to turn you on. She thinks, bitterly.

"How are you still hungry? You literally had a steak dinner." He asks, picking out a Coke from the fridge next to the hot oven. 

"I'm always hungry, darling." She smirks when his smile drops. He takes a menacing step towards her, and she moves back, and back. Until her back hits the fridge.

He comes up close, and lowers his mouth to hers. Three inches away. Two inches away. So close, their lips were almost touching. 

Jesus Christ. She swore in her head. 

How badly she wanted to move. Move that one inch. Close the distance between them. Taste his lips. The lips she'd been staring at all night. How badly she wanted to reach out and touch his muscled chest, his rippling abs, his delicious looking neck. How badly she wanted to trace his tattoo with her tongue, feel his moans reverberating through him. She didn't even know what the tattoo was. But she wanted to trace it. To feel him react underneath her.

Jesus, I really need to get laid. Yara thinks, annoyed.

But annoyed as she was, she couldn't ignore the boy standing in front of her.

She sucks a breath in and swears audibly, though under her breath. He was so close, she could feel his breath tickling her. She could see his eyes darting from her eyes to her lips. She pushes as far onto the fridge as she can, but the fridge was cold against her back. 

She put her hand on his chest and shoves lightly.

Lucas narrows his eyes and returns to his normal height. 

A curse and a blessing. She thinks. 

More of a curse for me. Yara ignored the part of her that was desperate to kiss him. To feel him.

"Think it's cute when you call me pet names?" His voice lowers, and he growls like it's a threat, but all it does is make her lips part and her knees weak. "Do it again. I dare you."

She opens her mouth to reply, but the shopkeeper suddenly yells.

"Oi, kids. No loitering!" He shouts.

~~~