~nineteen~

Lucas scowls at her.

He didn't know why. He didn't need to know why. 

He saw the way Yara had charmed Crosby into moving seats. He didn't know why, but the thought of Yara being touched by John made his blood boil. And the thought of Harill touching her made him want to punch something even more than Crosby.

Yara smirks when she realises that Lucas's jaw is clenched. He grits his teeth and looks down at the menu.

Yara tilts her head, and her pearls gleam in the light. "What's wrong, Finnegan?"

"You know, Yara, it's rude to leave people waiting." Duncan cuts in, leaning over his friend to smirk at Yara. 

"I know." Yara smiles. "That's exactly why I do it." She sighs, taking a sip of the wine that the waiter had poured for her. "Besides, I was... occupied." She glances at Harill, and the thought of him kissing her with his lip balm covered lips makes her want to throw up. 

Lucas notices the way she looks at Harill. Weirdly, he felt a pull at the corner of his mouth. 

He was... glad? 

Glad that, what, Yara didn't like Harill?

His eyes scan Yara as she talks animatedly to Sarah. It left him in awe every time she changed into a completely different person with Sarah. 

Her eyes were glittering in the dim light and wisps of her hair flew into her face, but she tilted her head back as she laughed, so her hair didn't blind her. Her dress was definitely something... interesting. It was the dress that he had 'picked' out. The one she had thought was too short.

It was short, only going to her upper thigh, but it was flattering as hell, and made her look drop dead gorgeous. Her makeup was neutral and glittery, and her pearls were classy, which completed the look.

But the thing that made her the most beautiful was her smile. Her natural smirk as she beams at Sarah.

In a way, he wanted her to look at him like that too. Like he trusted her with her life. 

But on the other hand, he couldn't. He just couldn't.

~~~

Yara was looking at Sarah as long as she could, so she could ignore the hot disaster in front of her. The one and only. 

Lucas Finnegan. 

She knew he was watching her. She knew he knew that the dress she was wearing was the one he had picked. She knew that he was probably catching on to the fact that she was wildly attracted to him. 

She did not like that. 

And now, Yara couldn't face him without blushing. 

Who am I? When have I ever been afraid to face a man? Men are afraid to face me.

She curses under her breath as Sarah smirks. "I know you're thinking of him." 

"What?" Yara raises her eyebrows. 

"You've got that look on your face. Like you're desperate for him."

Yara scoffs. "Excuse you?"

"Come on, Yara. How much longer are you going to deny your own feelings! You like him!" Sarah raises her voice a little too much, and Duncan is into it in a split second.

"Who? Lucas? Finally! Lucas, did you hear?" Duncan glances between Lucas and Yara.

Lucas tilts his head and Yara physically feels the breath whooshing out of her lungs. Holy sh!t, he looks edible.

His hair was fluffy and his lips were pink. He was flushed from laughing at something Duncan had said. He looked like an angel. 

Please, if he was an angel, why would I be having these thoughts about him?

Images of him pushing her against the wall, lips running down her neck, knee between her thighs, it made her bite her lip and look away. 

She took another sip of wine and looked at him. I cannot be like this every time I see him. Snap out of this, Yara.

Lucas's full lips pull up and when he speaks, his voice is raspy with alcohol. "Of course I heard. But don't believe everything you hear, Dunc." His slight British accent lilts up and Yara bites her tongue, praying she wouldn't leap across the table. 

Duncan smirks. "Well, who were you talking about, Yara?"

Sarah cuts in. "Why are you so interested in our lives, Duncan? Do you like Yara or something?" 

Lucas's smirk falls abruptly and Yara hides her smile behind her glass. Lucas glares at Duncan and raises a brow.

Duncan stops laughing as well. "What? No! Of course not. I'm trying to help my home-boy out here. I'm the only one who would actually ask the questions that we all know he's thinking." 

Lucas rolls his eyes. "Some questions can't be asked." His eyes lock with Yara and she flushes, looking at Duncan instead. 

"There! Did nobody here see that?" Duncan exclaims, and everyone in the restaurant turns to look. "If Lucas didn't like her, why did he get mad thinking I liked Yara? And why did Yara blush?"

"Hey, I'm drinking." Yara glares at Duncan. "Plus, I blush at everything, so shut up." 

"And I wasn't mad." Lucas adds. 

Duncan huffs. "You guys are so annoying. But it's okay. Tonight I'm leaving, so you'll have the room to yourselves!" 

Yara freezes, her water glass half way to her mouth. Lucas looks at her, and while he doesn't smile, his eyes twinkle like he knows what she's thinking of.

Muffled moans and twisted sheets, sweat and perfume, bite marks and hickeys, lipstick everywhere, sore legs in the morning. 

That's what she was thinking of. 

And it seemed like Lucas was reading her mind like a grandpa reading the paper.

She bites her lip and gulps the cold water down. 

"Anyways, stop trying to change the subject. Who were you talking about, Sarah?" Duncan chuckles, back in the mood to stick his nose where it doesn't belong.

"If you must know, I was talking about Harill." Sarah smiles and nods, looking like she had formed some sort of plan. 

Yara, Lucas and Duncan's mouths all fall open at the same time. 

Lucas blinked and Yara simply parted her lips in shock while Duncan's jaw fully dropped

"What?" Yara mutters. 

"Remember? You were telling me about what you guys were, uh, doing on the rooftop?" Sarah winks, and Reid chuckles next to her.

The two of them seemed to be the only ones who were enjoying this.

"No, I don't remember." Yara grits out.

"Really? Maybe Harill will. I should call him over-" Sarah starts, joking around.

But Yara is exhausted. She's tired of playing the 'good girl', and tired of being nice. 

"If you would excuse me, I'm going to get some air."

Sarah licks her lip nervously. "What? Again? We haven't even ordered food yet!"

"Yes, again. Be back soon." Yara smiles, trying not to let her irritation show, and leaves where she entered.

~~~

He stands up, putting his napkin on the table next to his plate. "Excuse me for a moment."

And Lucas walks through the same doors that Yara did, following after her.

~~~