~eighteen~

Yara turns around, and her eyebrows shoot to the sky. 

"Harill?"

He smiles. Tonight his hair is slightly oilier, but he styles it so it can be excused as gel. She notices that when he smiles, instead of a silver tooth, it is now a gold tooth that sparkles. It also looks fake. 

He's wearing a blue suit and a red tie, fit with a gold tie clip. 

"Hi, baby girl." He grins. 

She smiles, refusing the urge to snap at him for calling her 'baby girl'. 

"What're you doing up here? Aren't you meant to be at dinner?" 

"You are too, sweetie. I didn't see you there, so I asked your pretty friend. She told me you needed air." He smiles. 

She cringes at the pet name. Sweetie? Seriously? That's what my father calls me. 

"Oh, okay." She nods, and turns back around, facing the view. 

"What's your last name, Yara? Is it Moore? Are you really Yara Moore?" Harill walks up to her and places his hands on the railing, on top of hers.

She gently pulls away, smiling. "Yeah. How many other Yara's do you know?" His hands felt like he had lathered up on lotion again.

Harill grins. "Wow. Just my luck. Not only are you hot, you come from a good family, too."

She grits her teeth. "I wish I could say the same about you." She mutters under her breath.

"What's that, doll?" He smiles down at her.

She blinks. "Nothing." She stares at his oily face, covered in shiny moisturiser. He would be handsome if he didn't try so hard. 

"You should get back to the dinner. Tell everyone I'll be there soon." Yara smiles, insincerely. 

"No. Not until you say yes to going on a date with me." He crosses his arms like a little boy throwing a tantrum. 

Yara stares at him, shocked. "That was random." 

"No, I think you're a very sexy person, and I want to know you better. So go on a date with me." He smiles, putting a slimy hand on her exposed shoulder.

Yara raises a brow. "Why should I? All I know is that you think I'm hot and that I come from a good family. How do I know you won't just sleep with me and then leave me?" She makes her voice to be shy, pouting.

The idea of sleeping with him makes her skin crawl, but sometimes you have to play mind games to get people to shut up. 

He grins. "I won't. I want you, baby." He steps closer to her, pushing her against the railing. 

If he thought he could make out with her against the railing, he'd be sorely mistaken. 

"Sorry, but I barely know you." She puts her hands on his chest and pushes gently. 

"That's what the date is for. Come on. Just one date, and if you really don't like me, I won't bother you at all." He smirks. "You know you want to."

No, not really.

She tilts her head and steps forward, a safe distance away from the edge of the building. "No, Harill, I can't." 

"Are you free tomorrow?" He perseveres, and she's got to give it to him, he's determined. 

She sighs. "Yes. But that doesn't mean-"

"There. We'll have dinner at the hotel restaurant." He smiles, walking backwards away from her. "Which is where everyone is waiting for you."