~twenty~

She stood on the very same rooftop that Harill had cornered her on before.

She breathes in the fresh air for the millionth time today. She couldn't believe Sarah. Why would she back her into a corner like that? 

Sarah very well knew that Yara did not like Harill. She knew that Harill wasn't even close to being Yara's type. Yet she still pushed it. 

In front of everybody at dinner. 

Now, Yara knew she was being a tad bit dramatic. But really, hasn't Sarah learnt her lesson?

Friends do not embarrass friends in front of people.

Friends just didn't pull sh!t like this.

She huffs out a visible breath. She hadn't realised that it was this cold. She needed more alcohol. 

Grabbing her small flask out of her purse, she gulps it down. 

It was still freezing, and she couldn't get motherfvcking Lucas Finnegan out of her damn mind.

She pushes her hair behind her ears and walks to the exit. She needed to go to the bathroom.

She pushes the heavy door and yelps in surprise at the dark figure in front of her.

Lucas stood, his eyes wide as he looks down at Yara. She looks up at him in awe. How did someone manage to look that amazing all the damn time? His suit was barely crumpled and his hair was perfect. Even when the wind from the outside blew into his face, he still stood like a God.

"Are you okay?" He asked, and even after drinking, his eyes still burn into hers.

"Y-Yes." Yara looks at the ground, cursing under her breath. Why am I stuttering? Get it together, Moore!

She clears her throat. "Yes, Finnegan, I'm fine. Did Sarah send you here?" She glares, the mention of Sarah infuriating her once again.

Lucas winces and his eyes dart over her face. She watches his light eyes as they flicker around. "No. I came alone. Surprisingly." 

At that, Yara scoffs out a laugh. "Funny."

The two stand, just studying each other. Her eyes glance at his mouth and she tells herself off, staring back into his eyes. 

His pupils dilate, and it tells her that she didn't miss the way she had looked at his lips.

"I didn't know you drank like a drunk." He mutters, looking down at the flask in her hand. She shoves it into her purse.

"There's a lot you don't know about me." She says, softly, almost an invitation.

She bites her lip and looks at her feet.

Lucas breaks the silence. "So, are you coming back down? Everyone's ordered their food." 

Yara looks up at him, her heart pounding hard. She was a little tipsy, pissed off, and hungry, which is quite possibly the worst trio you could ever think of. 

"Why do you care, Lucas?" She mutters softly, not angrily.

He looks taken aback. 

"I don't. Not really." He says, his voice adjusting to match her tone.

"Then why are you here?" She mumbles, even softer.

He looks down at the stairs he had just walked up. "Let's go. Back to dinner." 

"You didn't answer my question." Yara says, her seriousness from before fading away into light amusement. 

"I don't have to. Now, go." He says, and he looks at her hard.

"Ooh, getting all dominating? Go on, do it again." Yara laughs, the alcohol really hitting her now.

Lucas's eyes widen slightly, but he doesn't flinch. "Do you like that?"

"Sure. I don't like the 'daddy' thing, though. Who came up with that? Who invented that phrase? It's weird, because I call my own dad 'daddy' and when I do-"

He interrupts her. "Are you drunk, Moore?" Lucas stares in amusement.

She giggles. "A little. I downed my cup. But it's your fault." She puts her hand on his chest and shoves him. 

He doesn't even blink. 

He just grins, staring down at her.

"Yara." His voice is soft and she looks into his eyes.

Yara gulps. "Yes?"

"How is it my fault?"

"I don't know. You wouldn't stop looking at me." She tilts her head and his eyes track her movements. 

"Mmh. You know why?" He drawls, and his fingers lightly trace over her earrings, making her shiver.

"Why?" Her throat feels dry as she feels her heart pound.

"Because you look fvcking amazing."

Yara snorts in drunkenness. "You're the one that looks good enough to eat." She claps a hand over her mouth, giggling. "Did I just say that out loud?"

"Yes." His lips pull wider, and he smiles genuinely at her. 

Her heart stops immediately. 

Holy, mother of God. How does he look like this? Is he not aware? Of how good he looks? Of how hot he is? Of the forbidden things I'm thinking of?

Her thoughts ramble as he shakes his head, as if snapping out of a daze.

"Come on. Stop distracting me. Lets go." He grabs her wrist and starts walking down the stairs. 

Yara giggles and continues after him.

~~~

Sarah worriedly chews her nails. Is Yara okay? Is she alright?

The main question she was thinking was:

Why did Lucas go after her?

Lucas was selfish and quite an asshole, especially when it came to Yara. Why did he, not hesitating at all, run after her?

The doors fling open and Sarah's mouth drops open, along with Duncan's and Reid's.

Yara, bright-eyed and possibly tipsy, holding hands with Lucas, who's lips were pulled up into a grin. He forces his lips down into it's natural state, unsmiling, and sits back down.

Yara plops down next to Sarah.

Sarah starts to apologise, but Yara glares at her. "I don't want to hear it. I'm already over it. Just pretend nothing happened, okay?"

Sarah sighs internally in relief. "Yes, Yara. That would be good."

Yara grins. "Perfect."

"Are you okay? What happened? Why did Lucas go after you?" Sarah's questions have everybody at the table looking between the two of them.

"Yeah, where did you go?" Duncan smirks. 

"I went back to the rooftop and Lucas followed me. He just wanted me to come down to dinner."

Lucas looks at Yara for longer than necessary. "That's what happened."

"Sure." Duncan scoffs.

Lucas just rolls his eyes, and dinner resumes.

~~~