~twelve~

Eventually, she got out of bed and checked her phone. It was eleven. She sighs and rubs her eyes, trying to find her bag in the dark. She ruffles through it and gets out her pajamas. The silky camisole and shorts set felt cool in her hands as she waddles around in the velvet darkness, finally finding the bathroom door.

Opening and closing it, she turns the light on. Yara changes out of her clothes and into her PJ's. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she felt much more refreshed. 

She takes her clothes and exits the bathroom, finding herself in pure darkness once again. She smiles softly. The darkness never scared her. 

It was the people in the dark.

She lies back in bed, closing her eyes and trying to sleep, when a sudden snore comes from the bed in front of her. Yara curses softly under her breath, but ignores it and tries to sleep again. 

But the snore kept coming.

She shoves her face into the pillow and groans. She could tell, automatically, who the snores were coming from. 

Lucas was too proper to snore. 

"Shut up, Duncan!" She says, muffled by the pillow.

 Something didn't add up, though. If Lucas was here, he'd be choking Duncan to death with his pillow. 

He must be somewhere else. 

Not that she cared.

Yet another loud snore rips from Duncan's mouth, and Yara gets up, huffing. 

"Screw you, motherfvcker." She mumbles, stumbling to the door and opening it.

The dark hallway immediately reacted to her, sensors lit up with hallway lights, bright enough for her to walk to the elevator. 

She gets in and frowns. Which level was the café again? 

She shrugs to herself and presses a random button. Number seven. 

She stood there for a while, getting more and more annoyed at the cheerful elevator music by the second. 

Finally, the doors ding open. She walks out and tilts her head, frowning again. It wasn't a hallway. Well, it was, but it had one door at the end of it. 

Curious, Yara walked down the hallway and closer to the door, suddenly freezing in horror. 

On the door, written in loopy, hot pink letters, said three words that made Yara want to throw herself off the building. 

The Rose Suite.

The exact room that Sarah and-

Her train of thought was cut off by a loud grunt, followed by a breathy moan. 

Yara's eyes widened as her blood stopped.

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. This is the most disgusting thing I've ever-

She was cut off again by more moans. There was quiet music playing in the background too, and Yara cringed. 

Her legs started working again, and she turned, almost sprinting to the lift. 

But when she clicks the button, the elevator said it was on floor five. 

Two levels below. 

She watches as the bright numerals increased to the level she was on, slowly but surely, and she breathed an audible sigh of relief when the doors opened. 

Then she sucked it back in sharply at the sight of who was leaning against the wall inside it. 

~~~

His eyes widened, but not as much as hers.