1. Coffee or me?

"He's still not here." Jungkook murmured, his voice blending with the soft hum of the café's espresso machine.

He spared a glance at the door to see if the person he's waiting for is here or not, before getting back to make the order of a customer. Oblivious to the subtle pout that graced his face, he delivered the customer's meal with a courteous, albeit somewhat forced, smile.

"Here you go mam, Enjoy."

"Yah- Jungkook! I've been calling you for past five minutes. Why are you not answering me?" He heard when the lady was gone.

"Because I don't want to." He answered lips protruding out once again.

"Hey, what happened? Why are so sulky today." His co-worker and friend asked him, noticing the sullen look on his face.

"I'm not. Do your work."

Hoseok looked at him confusingly, but suddenly his face lit up as he remembered something and he nudged Jungkook's shoulder with his.

"Oohh! You're waiting for your boyfie, right Jungkookie?."
He teased him wiggling his eyebrows with a big smile.

Despite having been in a relationship with Seokjin for some time, Jungkook still blushed profusely whenever his friends teased him about his boyfriend.

"Shut up," came the grumbled response, but the rosy tint on Jungkook's cheeks spoke volumes.

"I think I saw him entering the cafe a while ago." Hoseok laughed as Jungkook abruptly abandoned his current task and straightened up.

"Where? Do I look okay?" But the continuous cackling from beside him made him look at his friend with a frown.
"What?"

Hobi patted his shoulder still grinning. "I was joking. But it's okay I can understand it."

"Fuck off."

"Our Jungkookie is so whipped." Hoseok sang with a teasing grin before sauntering back to his workspace.

"Idiot."

"I'll be here at 11 baby. Wait for me." He mumbled sulkily, imitating a certain man not hearing the ding of bell signaling someone has entered the cafe and is now standing in front of him with an amused smile on his face.

He began arranging napkins on the counter with mild frustration. "Stupid face. Look, it's 12, and he's still not here. Doesn't he realize his boyfriend has been waiting for an hour?
I swear I'll make him an extra bitter coffee today, and he'll have to drink it all."
With that, he began adding more coffee grounds to a cup he had prepared an hour earlier.

"Are you really planning to kill me with a cup of coffee today?" Jungkook paused, his gaze shifting to the man leaning casually against the counter, a mischievous smirk gracing his handsome face.

Just looking at the annoyingly handsome man, melted away any lingering anger, leaving Jungkook with an overwhelming desire to kiss him and snuggle into his welcoming embrace. But, for now, he opted to maintain a façade of mild irritation, fully aware that his boyfriend's sweet gestures were soon to follow.

So, he raised an eyebrow and started mixing the coffee powder he'd just added, offering no response.

"Are you mad at me?" No answer.

"You're really mad." He said and received a glare from the barista but the pout on his face made him look anything but scary.

Clearing his throat, he tried a different approach. "Um, may I have a black coffee, please?" Seokjin requested, attempting to coax a response..

"Sure, why not."

Jungkook gave him the coffee which was previously in his hands.
Seokjin looked at it for a moment and then hesitatingly took it, making a slightly disgusting face.

"Baby, it's really cold."

"Do I look like I care?" Jungkook retorted, having too much fun by looking at the expression on his face.

Seokjin pouted but raised the cup to his lips, only to cough as the bitterness struck him. "How is it?"

"Absolutely delightful," Seokjin replied with an exaggerated wince.

Jungkook nodded, then flashed a sweet smile. "I made it especially for you."

"Yeah, I can tell." Returning the forced smile, Seokjin set the cup aside and retrieved the flowers he had concealed behind his back the entire time.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

Jungkook accepted the flowers, his favorite white roses, and inhaled their fragrance with a genuine smile. "Not forgiven."

Seokjin took Jungkook's hand, pressing a kiss to his knuckles. "I know I'm late. An unexpected meeting cropped up, and I had to attend. I promise it won't happen again." He leaned in, softly kissing Jungkook's lips this time.

"And what if it happens again?"

Seokjin looked at the coffee he just drank. "I-I'll drink this as punishment next time."

"Next time? Who said you're not drinking it now?" Jungkook teased and smirked at the scandalous look he was given.

"Love, please."
With one hand he held his ear, the other one still holding Jungkook's and Jungkook knew he can't be mad at this man for too long. He was not at first place, he just decided to have a little fun.

He jutted his lips out for Seokjin to kiss him more and the latter did, again and again, each one of them lasting longer than before.

Customers present in the cafe were least of their concern. They were too busy chatting with each other to notice the couple's cute moment, anyways.

"Am I forgiven?"

"Alright, I hope you remember how generous I am. You're forgiven."

Seokjin smiled. "Of course, thank you sir." And pulled him in to place his lips on his again.

"Can I have my coffee now?" He said after parting.

With a kiss on his cheek he got the answer. "It's already here. Drink it." Then the barista began to prepare a new order leaving his lover to look at the coffee with a strange face.

"But it's really bitter."

"Will remind you of the punishment if you came late again." Jungkook grinned.

"What if I die after drinking this?"

"We'll see."

His boyfriend looked at him with a pleading expression, completely oblivious to the fresh cup of black coffee Jungkook was preparing.

"You're so evil."

"But you love me."

"I do." Seokjin responded with a sigh and sat on the stool.

"Aww. I love you too."

~End~

__________________________________

How was it? 😅 It's my first time writing. I hope it's not too bad.