6. Arranged marriage or is it?

"Eomma, I don't know what to say."

"Son, we're doing it for your own good."

"I always wanted to marry the guy whom I love, and now you're forcing me to marry a complete stranger."

"We're not forcing you to marry him, Jungkook. Meet him first. Have a talk with him. He's you father's friend's son. I've met him before and he's so handsome and polite. A true gentleman. I'm sure you'll not say no, once you see him but if you don't like him you can say no. Simple."

Jungkook sighed and looked down. "What-what if he's some cold-hearted bastard? Too old for me? What if he treats me badly? What if-"

" I just told you how he is and you think we'd ask you to meet him if he's like that?"

He shook his head.
"Then, why are you saying this nonsense? Just give it a chance, as I said if you don't like him, you just tell us. We'll not force you."

"Is he coming tonight with his family?"

"Yes."

He looked at his mother who's looking at him expectedly.
"Okay." He said and smiled when his mother hugged him.

"You'll not regret it."

"I hope not"

Mrs. Jeon hummed. "At least tell me his name." Jungkook said.

His mother smiled. "Seokjin. Kim Seokjin." Then she moved towards the door, "Trust me son, you're so lucky."

"Eomma, I just agreed to meet him." His mother walked out without giving any reply.

-----------

"Oh my God, I'm so nervous! What if I tripped in front of them? No, no, Jungkook, just relax. He's just a guy like you. Why are you-" He stopped pacing around the room when the doorbell rang.

"Shit, they're here. Deep breath, Jungkook, take a deep breath."

He heard his parents talking to them. Steadily, he went towards the bedroom door and opened it. He moved a little towards the stairs and hid behind the wall to peek.

From there he could clearly see them. A man and a woman sitting in the living room talking to his parents. His gaze then fell onto another person sitting in front of them, looking around.

Jungkook gasped slightly. "Eomma didn't tell me he's this handsome. Wah! Is he even real? My friends would be so jealous. I like him. I-" He stopped, eyes widening when he saw the handsome guy looking at him. Their eyes met and he winked at Jungkook.

"Shit!" Jungkook cursed and dashed towards his room.

"He saw me!! What if he thinks I'm weird. But did-did he just wink at me?!! What do I do now?" Jungkook whisper shouted.