4. I'll miss you

"Do you really have to go?" Jungkook mumbled, his voice laced with reluctance.

"Baby, I'd never go if it's not important," Seokjin answered from the bed, his gaze fixed on his lover.

"I know it's important but-but it's the first time I'll be away from you for such a long time," Jungkook replied, setting down the cream he had just applied to his face. He turned away from the mirror to meet Seokjin's eyes.

Seokjin beckoned Jungkook to come closer, and the younger man promptly settled into his lap.

"Are you mad at me?" Seokjin inquired, pulling Jungkook closer, their bodies entwined.

"I'm not mad. I'm just sad," Jungkook confessed, looking up at Seokjin with puppy-dog eyes. "I know I'm being stupid, but-"

"You're not stupid," Seokjin interrupted, planting a gentle kiss on Jungkook's pouting lips. "I also don't want to go. But it's work, baby.
This project is very important. And I'll be gone for just a week; we'll spend a lot of time together when I come back. You and me, how's that?" he proposed, kissing Jungkook's forehead.

"Hmm. But you must call me three times a day. And you'll also video call me every night. And-and whenever I message you, you will reply me immediately. And-"

"It's just a week, baby," Seokjin reassured him, wearing a warm smile. However, he stopped when Jungkook shot a glare his way.

"What if you get too busy and forgot to call me?"

"That can never happen. Why are you saying that?"

"I don't know.....what if some pretty girl or boy tried to flirt with you there?"
He suddenly gasped and moved away nearly falling down but saved only by Seokjin's steadying hand on his back.

"Careful." Seokjin scolded him gently.

Jungkook continued. "What if you find someone more pretty and cuter than me and leave me. You'll not do it right? You love me too much to do that. I'll haunt you forever if you did." He threatened.

"Why would I ever do that when I got the cutest and the most beautiful person as my boyfriend. Nobody can be like you. I'll never leave you. Not a chance."

"Good. That's why I love you so much."

"I know." Seokjin grinned.

"Say it back."

"I love you too."

Jungkook kissed Seokjin's cheek and got up. "I'll pack your bag," he declared before Seokjin could protest.

Seokjin held his hand to stop him. "I'll do it myself. You come here. I want to cuddle with you."

Jungkook frowned. "No, I'll pack everything. What if you forgot something? What if it's too cold there? What if you got sick? I'll pack all your warm clothes, and you-"

"Jungkook, it's not my first time-"

"I'll also pack your scarf and your coat, the one I gave you. You'd need it. What about the sweater..." Jungkook continued, heading towards the closet.

Seokjin shook his head at his boyfriend's fussiness and stood up to assist him.

Finally, after three hours of Jungkook packing and Seokjin reassuring him that he was going to Italy, not the North Pole, everything was ready. Jungkook zipped the bag and let out a sigh of relief.

"All done."

"Yes, finally."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing. Now, come here. Let's go to bed. It's so late and I've to wake up early in the morning. Be a good boy and do what I'm saying."

"Let me just check one more-"

Seokjin picked him up and carried him towards the bed to put him there. Joining him afterwards and covered them with blanket.

Jungkook giggled and placed his head on his chest hugging him tightly, humming when Seokjin pulled him closer.

"Don't leave without telling me."

"You'll be sleeping."

"Then wake me up." Jungkook said as if it were the most reasonable request in the world.

"You get sulky if I wake you up before 8. You just kicked me in the back yesterday for that, don't you remember?"

Jungkook hid his face in Seokjin's chest to conceal his impending grin. "You deserved it."

"And you're still asking me to wake you up early, tomorrow."

"I can make exceptions."

"I'm grateful for that."

"You should be."

Jungkook stopped for a minute before whispering.
"I'll miss you so much, yeobo."

Seokjin kissed his head. "I'll miss you too, baby."

Silence filled in the room for a few minutes.
"Yeobo, what if I missed you tooooo much?"

"......"

"Seokjin."

"......."

Receiving no response, he looked up and smiled when he saw the said man already sleeping.

He leaned up to press a kiss on his lips.
"Good night."
Snuggling back into him, he closed his eyes and soon fell asleep too.

------

"Jungkook, babe, you promised me you'll not be sad." Seokjin cupped his cheeks and looked into his eyes.

"I'm not."

"Is there a waterfall in your eyes then? You are crying."

He whined, hitting him on the shoulder. "I'm not crying."

"Sure, you're not."

Seokjin's heart clenched when he saw fat tears continuously coming out of those pretty eyes.

"Okay, I'm not going. I'll not leave you like this."

Jungkook's tear filled eyes widened. Yes, he wants nothing more than Seokjin to stay but he couldn't be selfish and let his hard work go waste.
"No, you-you'll go. You worked hard for this project. Okay, I-I will not cry, okay? You're going."

Seokjin squinted his eyes at him.
"You sure?"

He frantically nodded his head. "Yes. Just-just call me everyday okay, or-or I'll not talk to you."

Seokjin gave him a tight hug, his arms wrapped around his waist. Jungkook put his own around his neck, hugging him back.

They stood like that for a few minutes. "You know, I can't go if you keep holding me like that." He said chuckling.

Jungkook kissed him for the last time and then parted from him.
"Okay, go. Take care of yourself and call me the second you reach there."

"I will."

With that Seokjin sat in his car and waved at him before driving away.

"I miss him already. How will I live without him for a whole week?" Jungkook said once he was inside the house, tears filling his eyes again.

~End~

__________________________________