22. Propose me (2)

Jungkook is not in a good mood. He's not from the past whole month. No, it's not like he sulked like a spoiled child, who wants something but don't get.
It's just the eagerness, the excitement, the wait, he'd before, since the day he saw the ring in the cupboard, is now tampered down.
In short, he'd sad and upset and a bit angry.

Reason?

Seokjin.

Seokjin has taken him to many dates, since that day.
Sometimes, it's an amazing and romantic, candlelight dinner at some beautiful place or two of them just enjoying a cup of coffee at their favourite cafe.

Sometimes they go on long rides, chatting, laughing, eating and doing 'stuff' on the way. Other times, their dates include watching movie in their bedroom with popcorns and other snacks. Nights like these always end up with both of them forgetting the movie and getting busy in other activities.

However, there was none where Seokjin got down on his knee in front of him.
Don't get him wrong. He understands that Seokjin may needs some time but, then why'd he buy the ring if he's not ready yet to take the further step.

All these thoughts roam around in his mind and makes him insecure.
What if he doesn't love me anymore? What if he's regretting buying the ring? What if he doesn't want to marry him? Maybe he realized Jungkook is not that person for him and now he wants to leave him?

The last one hurting him a lot. Just thinking the possibility of Seokjin leaving him is enough for a lump to rise in his throat, which he tries swallows quickly when Seokjin entered the dining area.

"Ah, I'm starving." Seokjin took a seat in front of him and moaned taking the first bite of the food.

"It's so good, baby. You are getting better at this."
Jungkook murmured a 'thank you' in return.

"You okay?" Seokjin paused in between, noticing the very prominent pout on Jungkook said face, to which he got a simple nod.

"Kook."
He put the fork down, "you–"

"I said I'm okay." He cut him off, surprising Seokjin.

"Um, okay." And they both continued to eat, with Seokjin sneaking concerned glances at him and Jungkook playing with the food.

"By the way, be ready at 7 tomorrow. We're going–"

"I don't want to." Jungkook snapped, knowing very well that it'll be another date. And he likes it, very much. God knows, how much he likes to spend time with the man sitting with him but right now it's not what he really wants.

"Why? What happened?"
Seokjin asked, appalled by the sudden change in his tone.

"Because I don't want to look like a stupid again waiting for something that, now I think, will never happen."

Seokjin looked at him, confusedly, not understanding a single word.
"I-I don't understand." He said and immediately got up to go to him when a single tear rolled down the younger's cheek.

"Jungkook, baby, what happened? Why are you crying? Did I-did I do something? Tell me, please." Panic was evident in his voice.

He sat beside him and started to caress his hands gently.
"Do you not love me anymore?"

"What? Of course, I do. I can never stop loving you. Why do you think like that?"

"Then, why did you hide that from me? I-It's okay, I understand. You wanted to surprise me but when are you going to do i-it?"
He looked up at him, eyes shimmering from new, welled up tears.

"Every time you ask me to go out, I feel so-so happy and excited that today w-will finally be the day when you're gonna do it. Only to make a fool of myself when we just come back after a nice dinner."

"Love, wh-"

"I love it, I love it v-very much when we spend time together but-but since the day I found the-the ring, I've been waiting for you to p-propose but you're not doing it. Are you...are you regretting it already?" He hiccuped, raising his hand to wipe the tears roughly.

He raised his face up to look at Seokjin again, who had a stunned look on his face.
"W-which ring are you talking about?"

"The one you hid in the cupboard. I-I saw it that day."

"I...baby it's...it was a surprise–"

"I know," Jungkook whined, "but-but I'm tired of waiting. Are you really going to ask m-me or not?"

"Yes, but-"

"Do it now." He demanded, with a stern look.

"Wh–I can't."

"Yes, you can. Do it, propose me now. I don't want to wait anymore."

"No, I can't. I-I won't."

And that shattered Jungkook's heart. "Why?"
Sniffles growing louder by every second. "Tell me, why. You don't want to marry me, right? You don't lo-"

Seokjin cupped his face and wiped his tears with his thumbs. He pulled him closer to kiss his now red eyes.
"I told you there will never be a day where I stop loving you, baby. It's impossible."

"They why are you not proposing me?" Jungkook pushed him away to stand up. "Wait here."

He ran upstairs to their room and came back with a box in his hands.
"Look, you brought the ring too, yeobo. Then what's stopping you?"

Seokjin sighed and pulled him to sit in his lap, sideways.
"Kook, my love, my sweet bunny. Listen to yeobo, hmm? I want to marry you but it's not the right time-"

"When will it be then? I've been waiting for a whole month now."
He fidgeted with the object, sadness in his eyes.

"A whole month?" Jungkook hummed.
"Every time we go-"

"But I bought the ring just a few days ago."
Seokjin frowned, hands going still on Jungkook's back, where he was caressing it.

"N-no. I-I saw it. How-" Jungkook opened the lid and heard Seokjin muttering a curse under his breath.

"What happened?"

"Baby, i-it's not for you."

"What do you mean it's not for me, you didn't buy it? It's-"

"No, I bought this but it's not for you. It's for someone else."

~End~

__________________________________