20. Bad day but you make it better

"Welcome home." Seokjin yelled from the kitchen when he heard the jingling of keys and then heavy footsteps entering the house.

Usually their roles would be reversed, with Jungkook welcoming him with a smile on his face, when Seokjin returns from office.
Helping him take off his coat and tie, giving sweet kisses in between to lessen his tiredness, which Seokjin must admit, always works.

However, today, he finished his work early, so, he decided to go home and cook a lavish meal for his baby.
But, something was wrong, he noticed when he got a quiet 'thank you' in return after a pause, making him frown.

He's just putting the spatula down to walk out when instead Jungkook entered the kitchen.
"You're home early."
He uttered, sitting down on the stool.

"Mhm. Finished work early." Seokjin replied, taking in his appearance.
His hair was messy, black fringes falling into his eyes, which were refusing to look up at him. Nose a little red and lips jutted out in a pout.

"Bad day?" He came to stand in front of him and stroked his hair, pushing them back from his forehead.

"Look at me." He said, after seeing him nod his head and took his hands in his, when Jungkook didn't.

"Baby." His lower lip wobbled and he threw himself on Seokjin, hiding his face in his chest, startling him.

"What's wrong? Did anyone say something?"
Then picked him, when the boy just sniffed, and sat on the sofa with Jungkook on his lap, rubbing his back and kissing his temple multiple times, when he nuzzled more into him.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked after sometime and got a nod in return.
"My whole day was bad, very very bad," Jungkook leaned back a little to look at him, "First, I was late for office, and then my boss asked me to-to hand him some file. I-I searched it for two hours. Two hours. And turned out it was in his own damn office for the whole fucking time, can you believe it?"
Tears once again filling his eyes as he waited for Seokjin to agree with him.

"That's not good." He said with a peck on his nose and wiped his tears.

"I know and you, you know, when I told him that he should've checked in his office before ordering me, he-that asshole insulted me in front of everyone."

"That fu-"

"And then I spilled coffee on some already angry woman, on the way home and she too took all her anger out on me. I-I felt so bad. I even s-said sorry but-"

"It's okay, love." Seokjin hugged him again mumbling 'it's not your fault' and 'don't cry' in between.

"Want me to punch your fucking boss and that bad lady in the face?"

"I already did." Came a muffled response from where Jungkook was still hiding his face in his neck, surprising yet making him smile.

"You punched that woman too?" He teased.

Jungkook shook his head, hitting him lightly "Of course no. Just yelled back."

"They deserve it. How dare they make my baby cry?" Seokjin nuzzled his cheek with his nose.

"There's a problem, though." Jungkook looked at him hesitatingly.

"What problem?"

"You know, I-I punched my boss," hands coming to fiddle with buttons of Seokjin's shirt, "so, he....kind of, kind of fired me. And I said 'fuck you, not like I'm dying to work here.'"
Last part said in a hurry.

Seokjin stared at him for a moment, and then his face lit up with a big smile.
"I thought something bad happened." He stood up to go to the kitchen, with Jungkook still wrapped around him.

"It's not a big deal, love. You'll find a new job in no time, if you want to do another one. Otherwise, I'm totally okay with you staying at home. I can work for both of us. So, you don't have to worry."

"Thank you." Jungkook mumbled, smooching his cheek loudly once, twice, thrice.....

"I still want to punch your–uh oh!"

"What happened?"

"The food, baby. It's burnt."

Jungkook's mouth formed an 'o' as he took a look at it.
"Why didn't we smell it?" Seokjin shrugged.

"What now?"

"Let's go out. A date?" Seokjin asked, after thinking for a while.

"Okay. Give me five minutes." Jungkook beamed, getting off him and racing towards the bedroom but stopping midway to come back and give him a kiss.
"I love you so much, yeobo."
Then sprinting again.

Lips curled upwards on hearing Seokjin shout back an "I love you too, baby."

~End~

__________________________________