51. Unspoken Desires (1)

Seokjin's instincts whisper to him that something is amiss, and it lingers in the air.

He notices, Jungkook doing this thing and then that thing, shooting fleeting glances at him from time to time. A few times when Seokjin has managed to catch him, Jungkook just smiled sweetly at him leaving him puzzled yet comforted at the same time.

The saga still continues even when they are getting ready for bed now.
Seokjin is completing some work, busy typing on the laptop but not too busy to not notice how Jungkook is lying beside him, eyes flicking in Seokjin's direction countless times, then wandering elsewhere, only to return to Seokjin, and continuing the path again. All the while, aggressively chewing his bottom lip, a sign he is thinking about something.

Seokjin let this mystery play out for a while but eventually, curiosity got the best of him. He shut his laptop, took off his glasses, and shifted to face Jungkook, offering an inviting arm.

"Come here." He says sensing Jungkook's confusion.

Jungkook doesn't say anything but scoots closer. Though, he's still a bit puzzled but it didn't stop him from snuggling up to Seokjin.
An arm wrapped around Seokjin while his head rests on his shoulder. "Everything okay?" He asks feeling Seokjin's arm coiling around him.

"I don't know. You tell me." Seokjin says and Jungkook looks up at him, eyebrows furrowed.

"There's something going on in your mind that's troubling you. I can sense it." Seokjin explains while looking into his eyes. "Want to say something? You know you don't have to hesitate to tell me anything."

Jungkook hides his face in Seokjin's shoulder to avoid his gaze, "it's nothing."

"You're lying. Tell me."

"It's really nothing."

"Kook."

"I'm not lying."

"Sure?"

"...yes."

"Fine." Seokjin sighs and removes his hold from Jungkook to lay down. "let's go to sleep then."

He attempts to shift, but Jungkook clings to him, his face still nestled against Seokjin's shoulder, his voice a quiet murmur.

"Baby?"

Jungkook's breath escapes heavily against Seokjin's skin when Seokjin responds with a warm hug. "There is... something."

Okay, so Seokjin's earlier instinct is confirmed. Something's been weighing on Jungkook. "I'm listening."

A few beats pass before Jungkook starts again, "it's about us."

For a moment, Seokjin's heart seems to pause. "Is it something bad? Did I do something wrong?"