29. "I do" (1)

"Jungkook, son please don't cry." His mother said worryingly as she hugged him. "You know Seokjin loves you very much. He would never do that to you."

"T-Then why he-he isn't here?" He hiccuped.

His mother-in-law sighed seeing the poor boy sobbing continuously and she caressed his back trying to calm him down, "Jungkook, Seokjin is my son, I know he can never even think to do something like this. Especially to you."

"We all know how much he loves you." She added.

Jungkook knows it too that how much Seokjin loves him. He can literally bring the whole world to his feet if he says. He knows. But why is he not here with him, now? It's their wedding day, for God sake!
What can be so important than it?!

"I don't know. Bring him here. If he doesn't show up, I-I will kill him, I s-swear."
He got out of his mother's embrace and tried to call him. For the nth time, but he didn't pick up.

"It's all happening because of that curse, right."
Both of the women looked at him in confusion.

"Curse?"

He nodded, "You told us it's not good for the couples to see each other before marriage but we did. He came to meet me a day before and I let him." He sniffled.

"Ah, I knew it." His mother shook her head, "These hormonal children, my god. I found it suspicious when I heard you talking to someone in your room but you said you were on phone with him."

Seokjin's mother chuckled despite the tense atmosphere causing Mrs. Jeon to let out a smile too.
"But-But I promise we didn't see each other. I-I asked him to close his eyes. I did too. We just kissed and-"

"Okay, okay, we don't need to hear the details."
Mrs. Kim protested as she patted his shoulder, "you know this whole 'not seeing each other before wedding day' is nothing serious, especially not a curse." She said amused.

"It's just our elders did it with us, so we follow. It doesn't have to do anything with what's going on now."

Jungkook himself knows this too, but who can you blame when things keep going wrong on your most special day.
Yes, things keep going wrong.

First, some clumsy waiter dropped their wedding cake, giving Jungkook almost a heart attack but thanks to his amazing soon-to-be husband, who had arranged an extra cake.

Just in case, he said.

Secondly, they forgot to bring the bouquet that he was supposed to hold while walking down the aisle.
He specifically ordered one but somehow it didn't get delivered.

Anyways, that problem was also solved by his extra amazing fiance.

Third problem, was-no is a little more serious.

This time it's his 'amazing soon-to-be husband' who's missing.
And he's fucking tired of seeing things go wrong on his fucking wedding day.

"I-I swear I'll k-kill him, if he doesn't come." He sobbed again glancing at the wall clock.
Seokjin was supposed to wait for him on the altar by now, but half am hour has been passed since the selected time and he's not here.

"I will kill with my own bare hands if he did something stupid." His mother-in-law mumbled while calling his husband to know if he found her stupid son.

Just then the door opened and Mr. Kim walked in with Mr. Jeon. Jungkook hurriedly got up, "Did you find him? Where is he?"

His father heaved a sigh and shook his head.
"Eomma!" He whined, eyes filling up again, looking at his mother and mother-in-law to do something.

"Did you check the washroom?"
She questioned.

"We did." Mr. Kim said, coming to sit on the chair as Mr. Jeon patted his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I'm so fuckin' sorry." They heard a loud voice and the doors bursted open again.
This time, with a panting Seokjin behind them.
Hair disheveled and eyes searching for his fiance, whom he found looking at him with different emotions passing his teary eyes.

"Baby, I-Ow! Mom, it hurts." He whined as his mother pulled him inside from his ear.

"Where the hell were you, Seokjin?!" She yelled, "Do you know how worried we were? It's your wedding for fuck's sake, how can you leave like that?!"

"I'm sorry-please leave my ear, eomma it's hurting." His eyes become teary from the pain as the woman just tightened her grip more.

"Eomma, I'll tell everything. Promise. Please leave it now." He winced looking at his dad and in-laws who shrugged and averted their eyes.

"No, I'll-" she stopped when a hand came to hold her arm and a voice whispered, "It's okay. Leave him, eomma. Don't hurt him."

Jungkook looked at her with pleading eyes and caressed Seokjin's, now turned red, ear, when she moved away, sighing.

~End~

__________________________________