36. Too much space

It was night, midnight maybe and the room was dark. Fluffy bed, even fluffier pillows, warm blankets, a human size portable heater lying just beside him. All in all, a perfect atmosphere to fall asleep.

But Seokjin was wide awake. Well, he was just on the verge of falling asleep when a heavy weight plopped down on his side and a pained hiss left his mouth.
"Baby!"
He groaned looking to his right where Jungkook lay with his head resting on his casted arm, parted mouth and eyes closed signalling that he's still in deep slumber without any care in the world.

"Ah!" A wave of sharp pain ran past his whole right side when he tried to scoot away.
"Jungkook," he whispered in a tense voice, "wake up."

But no, who is Jungkook to wake up from a mere whisper. Instead a leg dropped on his own as Jungkook tried to snuggle into him more.

Now, Seokjin lay there with a big baby wrapped around him, his fractured arm pressed down rather painfully under Jungkook's torso, sprained ankle doing the work for the most comfortable pillow for Jungkook's legs.

In any other situation he would've cuddled him back but not today.

He decided not to say anything for a few minutes, hoping Jungkook will eventually roll over to his own side of bed.

One minute. Two minutes. Three minutes......ten minutes. Fifteen minutes and then it became half a hour but he still hasn't moved and Seokjin was only human, he can only endure so much pain.

"Jungkook," He shook his shoulder, "baby, wake up, please." No result.

"Jungkook, sweetheart, love of my life, my everything, please wake up. I'm afraid my already broken arm will break again." He gave up on being gentle and shook him violently.

The younger only whined, "lemme sleep."

Seokjin would have in any other circumstances or like usual would've woken him up gently with light kisses and cuddles but now isn't the time for that.

"Kook, wake up. I swear if you don't -"

Jungkook ignored him by nestling his face in his shoulder. Fuck, that fucking hurts!

"JEON JUNGKOOK, WAKE THE HELL UP!" He yelled rocking him strongly.

That worked. The said man sat up frantically, struggling to open his sleep-lidded eyes, "what, Yeobo? What happened?"

Seokjin exhaled a sigh in relief, feeling blood running in his throbbing arm again. He looked at Jungkook who sat there with furrowed eyebrows.

"My arm."

Confusion left his face, giving way to worry and fear on hearing that , "what happened? Is it hurting? Should I call the doctor? Let's go the hosp -"

"You were practically lying on me instead of bed, love." Seokjin cleared.