Chapter 8 - Welcome back

IM VERY SICK RN SO THATS WHY THIS TOOK A WHILE TO MAKE SO YEAH.

⚠️slight lightbrush and fantube⚠️

Paintbrush POV

I woke up to see Lightbulb on the floor with a small crack on her forehead. The sunlight was shining right at her. The sun had just risen.

She probably fell in the middle of the night. I remember when she used to do that back at the hotel. When she got eliminated, she didn't have a room yet because apparently OJ "ran out of rooms" even though that hotel is fucking massive. There's probably like 1oo rooms on each floor.

Anyway, he made Lightbulb sleep on the couch until they could sort out the rooms and every morning, she'd be on the floor passed out. She didn't get cracks then. The couch was really close to the floor. Unlike my bed.

I quickly scooped her up and walked out of the cabin before anyone questioned who she was and why she was here. Most of the people here would probably not question her, considering they all were on the island because of Mephone. Really anything could happen here and people wouldn't question it.

The merge happened a few days ago but Mephone still didn't have a cabin made for all of us so we just slept in the same small ass cabins every night. It's not like that's a bad thing but he should've been more prepared for this. I swear he's the most laziest person I've ever met.

I saw Test Tube walking out of the cabin looking for something. Probably Fan. Those two are most likely dating or some shit like that. Even in the FUCKING INTRO, they look like homosexuals.

I wish me and Lightbulb had something like that...

Wait WHAT. THAT THOUGHT CAME OUT OF NO WHERE. I DON'T LIKE LIGHTBULB. PLUS THERE ARE BIGGER THINGS TO DEAL WITH RIGHT NOW. Like Mephone leaving the island...

...Wait, LEAVING?!

I ran towards him and hit behind a tree. I carefully placed Lightbulb against the tree and watched to see what that asshole was up to. He's probably gonna make another shitty season since that's all he's good at. Was he gonna leave without even telling us? What a bitch.

It looked like he was on a phone call with someone. Unfortunately, the phone wasn't on speaker so I couldn't hear what the other person was saying. Who would Mephone be calling? It's not like he has any friends.

"It's my show, so I get to do what I want. Plus, you're the one who wanted to do this."

short pause.

"Ok good. I'll be there soon."

He hung up and got into a boat and started leaving. This is bad, really bad. I can't believe he's just leaving us like this! I mean, he should at least tell us that he was going to be gone for a while. What an asshole.

I need to tell Test Tube about this. She'll probably know what to do... I hope.

I shook Lightbulb awake so I don't have to carry her around.

"Wah? Painty? What's going on?" "There's no time to explain. We have to find Test Tube." I started looking around and found her with Fan talking about something. "Cmon, let's go." I grabbed Lightbulb's hand and started running- well, more like speed-walking towards Test Tube.

Fan POV

"So maybe if we all talk with Candle and YinYang, we could maybe try to reason with them." I suggested. Me and Testy were trying to come up with a reasonable plan to tell the others. Turns out she lied about having a plan so she asked me for help.

She was writing everything down on a clipboard. She is always so smart and precise with things. She's just so amazing like that. I mean that completely platonically. Obviously...

"You think they'll listen? I mean, they might be pretty serious about those two being spies, even though their most likely aren't." Test Tube said, pushing up her circular glasses. I started fidgeting with my hands, trying to think of a solid idea.

"Test Tube!" I whipped my head around to see Paintbrush and Lightbulb running towards us "Woah, are you ok?" I asked, still fidgeting.

"Mephone *pant* is leaving *pant* the island!"

"WHAT?!" Lightbulb yelled out. "Panty, I'm pretty sure Mephone wouldn't just leave without telling us."

"Didn't he leave for like a year to start season 3?" I added. Lightbulb shot me a glare. "Shut up," I rolled my eyes. "Mephone still told us that he was going away for a few months. Even if that turned into over year."

"I never thought I would say this but, Lightbulb's right," Test Tube said. Lightbulb crossed her arms and stuck out her tongue at Testy. "Mephone would've said something if he was leaving."

"I know," Paintbrush said. "But this time, he just left! He was talking to someone on the phone about how this is his show and that he can do whatever he wanted and just left!"

"He just left?!" Lightbulb gasped.

"Well golly gee," Test Tube said, throwing her clipboard. "There goes our plans." "Hey, it's not that bad," I placed my hand on Test Tube's shoulder. "I mean, YinYang and Candle haven't been looking for Leafy and Firey for a while now!"

"Speaking of which, where are those two?" Paintbrush asked.

"Last time I saw them was by the 'Thinkers Cabin'!" Lightbulb replied.

"...Shit."

Leafy POV

"Firey, I don't think we should be doing this." Me and Firey slept behind the "Thinkers Cabin" last night, and down we were trying to spy on YinYang and Candle.

"Stop being such a baby Leafy," Firey said, while pushing a big rock over to stand on top of. "It's not like their gonna catch us or anything." I rolled my eyes. "Uh-huh." "Just be quiet! I'm trying to listen."

Firey put himself up against the window. Fortunately, he was still made of metal from that yoyle berry from a few chapters back.

"What are they saying?" I asked him. "They are gonna try and search for us again and they still have Nickel captured." I cocked an eyebrow. "How did Nickel even get here anyways? Wasn't he competing for TPOT?" Firey looked over at me. "Yeah that is odd.."

Just then the door of the cabin slammed opened.

"Yang, please be more gentle, you could've broke the door down." I heard Yin say. Yang sighed. "Fine, I'll try next time." I grabbed Firey by the arm and ran to the back of the cabin. He made a small yelping noise when I grabbed him. Hopefully they didn't here that.

"Leafy what-" "SHHH." I shushed him quietly. He rolled his eyes and mouthed "rude".

"Did you hear something?" "Nope, it's probably just your imagination." "Probably..." They started to walk around the cabin, looking for something. "I don't think it's here Yin." "Alright, lets go look somewhere else."

I heard footsteps start to get quieter and quieter until I couldn't hear anything anymore.

"Do you think their gone?" Firey asked. "I don't know Firey, are they?" "Well jeez, no need to be rude," He said, standing up. "But seriously, are they gone?"

I stood up as well. "I think so." I said, dusting myself off.

"They might be gone, but I'm not."

I whipped my head around.

It was a purple candle. Wax covering one of her eyes. She had that same calm expression on her face. She looked like she could fall asleep at any moment. She was smiling softly. Sweet but unsettling. It was like she was wearing a mask. A nice calm normal mask that hid her true intentions. As if she was the most innocent being in the world.

Candle. Holding two bags. Two big brown dirty bags. To kidnap us with. Again.

Before I could do anything Candle put both bags over our heads and started dragging us somewhere.

Firey POV

Shit. We're being taken again! I tried to fight my way out of the bag but nothing I did seemed to work. It was starting to get hard to breath.

I felt myself being dropped somewhere. I felt someone open the bag and pull me out. Candle.

"Welcome back~"