Chapter 14 - Candle

if johnny had 3 apples and he gave 1 apple to mark, how many apples would mark have?...

none. johnny never shares his apples.

mark was killed shortly after.

... i should really start adding warnings to these chapters. so tacomic (taco x microphone). i not a huge fan but it adds to the plot so ye.

also this has nothing to do with the plot but candle's aroace in this so no shipping her

—————————————————————

-1 month before-

Candle POV
I was talking with Silver about how we could do better in the game when I heard something in the forest. I told him I'd see him later and snuck into the forest. It was probably nothing anyway, but something was drawing me towards the noise. I kept on walking and found a cave. That's oddly suspicious. I didn't even know there were caves in this forest. I walked inside and found two beds made of leaves. One was much smaller than the other. Was someone.. living in here? If someone was living in here it was definitely two people. One being much taller than the other... It was quite dark in there, even with my flame. Their was water dripping from the cave which was strange. It wasn't even raining. I turned around and saw that it was pouring outside. How long had I been in here? Just then I heard someone coming. Maybe it was the owner of the cave?

"Bloody hell, I swear this rain will be the end of me." It was... a taco? It had a black bowtie and part of it's shell was cracked. It didn't seem to notice me. "Um, hi?" It looked up at me, shocked a little. "Do I know you?" The taco looked a little relieved. "Well um, no actually. Me and my girlfriend live in there." "Why are you living in here? Y'know Mephone probably has a few extra beds-" I said starting to think out loud. "NO. No thanks, we're fine. My name's Taco. She/Her" "Candle. She/Her." "My girlfriends name is Microphone. Speaking of which, Mic dear, you can come out now." A microphone stepped out from behind a tree. It had a white bowtie that matched Taco's and it had a umbrella. It also had a tail with a charger at the end of it. "Hi! Um, my name is Microphone but you can call me Mic! And uh, my pronouns are She/They." "Hello." "Will you excuse us for one minute?" Taco asked. I nodded. Taco grabbed Mic's hand and started whispering to her. I could still hear them.

"Do you remember the plan?" Mic sighed. "Yes Taco, you've told me like 2763 times already." "I know, I know, I just-" "Taco I know you're worried but everything will be fineee. Just relax okay? I don't want you having another panic attack." Taco nodded her head and smiled. I wanted to interrupt this before it got anymore cheesy. I could tell they were gonna kiss soon and I didn't wanna watch that. The last time that happened, it was not a pleasant sight. (A/N: reference from when candle watched cheesy and trophy make out in 'comedy gold') "What are you two talking about?" I asked acting I didn't here their whole conversation. "O-Oh! Just about Taco having a scary dream!" Taco looked offended. "What." "Shhh! Just go along with it!" Mic whispered to her. Taco sighed annoyingly. "Yes, very scary." "Mhm!" I smiled. "I see.."

"Well, uh, we have some bad news for you." Mic said holding on to the umbrella tighter. The rain was getting stronger. I was still under the cave. "Oh? What is it?" I asked interested. "Uh, we've heard that two people are gonna come to this island and destroy it!" Taco nodded. "Yes. Their names are-" Taco pulled out a piece of paper from her shell. "-Leafy and Firey. They look like a leaf and a flame. They want to try and take over this show." Were these two serious? And if they were, why would 'Leafy' and 'Firey' do this? Are they really spies? Of course not! I'm not that easy to fool. Someone like Yin-Yang would fall for this. Wait, I could use them to help capture these spies if they do wanna take over the show. Plus, I'm sick of being nice all the time. "Hmm, I can get rid of them. I could ruin their lives if I really wanted to." Mic let go of a breath she was holding. "Well they made us get here and now we don't have a way do get back home! We were swimming near our island- well not me but, you get the point! And then these two came in a boat and another one and took us and trapped us on this island!"