Chapter 11 - Deserve

i wanna make this one really long so it might take a while-

(btw this fanfic takes place before ep 11)

———————————————————

Balloon POV
"This isn't good... we're literally in the middle of the ocean!!" "YOU THINK I HAVEN'T NOICED?"

We were stranded, in the middle of the ocean, because of Candle. Because of that lying manipulative bitch, we're in the middle of the ocean with barely any food. I was such a fool to think she was my friend, or even a nice person. I can't believe I'm saying this but she's even more worse than Nickel was to me in season two (no offense to Nickel). Speaking of Nickel, he doesn't deserve to be here. He's way too sweet and sarcastic and funny and nice and cute and pretty- ok I might have a small crush on him. Of course he doesn't know that, I mean, I was only joking when I asked him if we could make out later. We always joke with each other like that. He wouldn't even take me seriously if I told him I like him. I was so zoned out that I didn't even notice that Yin-Yang untied all of us. Nickel kicked my side.

"Loony get up, we're trying to figure out our food situation." Loony? I blushed. "O-Oh ok." I stood and turned around to find Yin-Yang and Firey? (I think it was Firey), arguing. "This isn't our fault! We didn't know Candle was gonna do this!" "Well maybe if you guys hadn't helped her, we wouldn't be in this situation!" "She promised us that we would be able to catch evil spies like in the movies! That's not our fault that she couldn't find real ones." "Gosh you are so annoying! No wonder Candle got rid of you!" Yin-Yang went silent.

Leafy walked up to Firey. "Firey, I think you went to far..." He rolled his eyes at her. "Oh for the love of god Leafy, shut up!" "What..?" "You always wonder why I ignored for years and years, have you ever considered the fact it wasn't just because of Dream Island? Maybe that you're just too nice? It seems fake at this point. You're always acting like you care about people just so you can benefit yourself. You're so selfish Leafy, I can't believe people just forgave you after stealing Dream Island from me, tried killing people in Yoyle Land, AND acting like none of it happened and started to be even more of a bitch!" Leafy started tearing up. "I didn't- I wasn't-" "Oh save it Leafy, I'm done pretending to be your friend. You're so annoying all the time! 'I'm Leafy, I'm such a nice hoe and I love to be overly nice so I can manipulate people to do what I want!' fucking pathetic." Leafy was shaking at this point. Even if she did some bad things, she changed. Me out of all people would know that

"That's n-not why I-" "You know Leafy, you deserve to be here out of all of us." "Wha- D-Deserve?" Firey's eye we're basically made out of, well, fire. "YES LEAFY, YOU DESERVE THIS! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME I PUT INTO BEING FRIENDS WITH YOU JUST FOR YOU TO STEAL THE ISLAND? YOU WASTED SO MUCH OF MY TIME AND FOR WHAT? NOTHING. YOU WERE RUDE AND SELFISH AND YOU STILL ARE! DON'T TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN!" Firey turned away from Leafy and sat in a different spot on the boat. She broke down crying. She sat in a corner sobbing. What a great start to our long trip.

-

Leafy POV
I can't believe Firey is acting like this. I mean, sure I stole Dream Island, but that was years ago. I've changed since then... right? It's not like I'm gonna steal another island or anything. There's not even a island to steal. I'm not the same person I was in BFDI. I'm different. I was young back then, and it was a stupid decision I know, but I was mad and didn't know what to do. It was really rude what Firey said to me. I can't believe he said that I deserve to be here. He didn't mean it right? Maybe he was just mad? I hope so. I can't believe Firey would say that. I thought we were best friends but I guess not. My vision was getting blurry. I rubbed my eyes and realized I was still crying. I was pretty much just bawling my eyes out. Just great. God I'm such a crybaby. I saw Balloon coming up to talk to me.

Balloon POV
"Hey Leafy? Are you okay?" I sat next to her. She didn't answer me. "Um, Leafy?" I lightly shook her. She flinched and turned to look at me. "Ah, sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." She stayed silent. "Are... you okay?" I asked her again. She opened her mouth to say something but then slowly closed it. She looked at the ground for a few seconds before she lightly shook her head. "Yeah, I understand. Do... you wanna talk about it?" I asked her smiling. She looked towards me. "Y-Yes..." "Okay so why did Firey say all that? Is it true?" "Y-Yea, I did steal Dream Island, and kill people b-but we can recover people e-easily so it wasn't really a b-big deal, b-but I only stole Dream Island because F-Firey didn't let me on and I was mad. He let C-Coiny on even though t-they were enemies at the time, s-so I was hurt a-and then everyone tried to k-kill me so I had to l-live in Yoyle land for a while... alone."

"What about the stuff he said about you faking your niceness?" "I-I don't know why he s-said that... I was o-only trying t-to be nice to people. I d-didn't mean to c-come across as fake. I-I was just trying to m-make up for what I d-did." I nodded. "Yeah, I know what it feels like for people to not forgive you. It's like no matter what you do they'll still hold a grudge. But people change, that person might not feel comfortable around you or they might become one of your closest friends." Leafy nodded. "Yeah, I guess you're right... thanks." "No problem."

-

After Leafy had calmed down, I sat next to Nickel and sighed. "It seems like those two have some issues." He nodded in agreement. There was a small pause until he asked me something. "Balloon?" "Yeah?" "Have you um ever..." He mumbled the rest of the sentence. "Sorry I didn't here you, what did you say?" He took a deep breath. "Have you ever um, fallen in love?"

Nickel POV

Ugh, his stupid smile is gonna make this harder than it has to be. UGH WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO CUTE? This is giving me a headache. I sat there nervously as I waited for Balloon to answer. 'THIS IS A BAD IDEA. OH GOD, KILL ME NOW' "Well, yes. Why?" "I um, uhh..." Yeah, no, I'm not doing this. UGHH BUT I CAN'T BACK OUT NOW! He'll just wonder why I asked him that and probably be weirded out! "I uh, I think I like someone. Like, 'fallen in love with them' like." Balloon's smile went down a little. You couldn't tell unless you were really looking. Weird. "O-Oh! well, uh, who is it?" "Nope! Just forget I ever said anything!" "Nickel, come on!" "Fine! But only one hint. He's one of my closest friends." He sat there and thought for a moment. It's not like I have many friends. "Baseball?" "No, not anymore..." I mumbled that last part under my breath so he couldn't here me. "Hmmmm, Suitcase?" "She's your friend, not mine. We're barely acquaintances." He sat there really thinking for moment. "Knife." "Are you kidding me right now? I get that you're slow but Knife out of all people?"

"Come on! Who is it?" I blushed. NOPE I CAN'T- okay Nickel, take a deep breath and procrastinate this as long as possible. "He's a guy, and uh, he's gay?" "Nickel, that's half of the people at Hotel OJ." "Okay I'll give you a real hint. He's taller than me?" Balloon rolled his eyes. "Nickel!" "Fine, fine." I was as red as a tomato at this point. I took a deep breath. "He's pink- salmon." "Do I seriously look pink- wait..." YEP I'M LEAVING THIS FOR FUTURE NICKEL. "WOAH BALLOON WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE TIME? I GONNA GET TO BED!" "Nickel, it's only 5pm, you have time-" "GOODNIGHT!!" "Nickel, wait a minute-" I went to the other side of the boat and acted sleep. That was a bad idea.

Balloon POV
Did- did that just happen?

———————————————————

Now be sad. And happy. Be Sappy.