Chapter 17 - Hide and Seek

HOW DOES THIS BOOK HAVE 9K+ READS??? im actually shocked about this. (almost 10K now 🤯🤯)

not me showing how i feel rn through lightbulb 🤭🤭

anyways.. enjoy!!

————————————————————

Paintbrush POV
We all ran as fast as we could from Candle when me and Lightbulb got spilt up from Test Tube and Fan. "We're gonna die out here!" Lightbulb yelled out, sitting down under a tree. "And then we'll have to live as cavemen and- and we'll never see Testy or Flat Face again!" I sighed. I sat down next to Lightbulb. "Lighty, that's not gonna happen." "W-What if we die out here Painty? I'm scared.." I hugged her.

She hugged me back and started crying. I rubbed her back as she sobbed into my shoulder. "It's gonna be okay." She let go of the hug and started sobbing even more. "B-But it's not okay! I'm supposed to be the funny, annoying friend! Not the friend that makes you feel bad for them, o- or that makes you worry about them! I'm supposed to make people smile, and- and make them laugh at me!" She hugged me again.

"Lighty.. you can show us your feelings. You don't always have to act in a certain way." "Really..?" "Yeah, I don't care how you act! As long as it's not rude.." Lightbulb hugged me again. "Thank you, Painty. I love you." "I love you too. But right now we need to find a better hiding spot." I stood up and pulled Lightbulb up with me. "C'mon Painty! I know the perfect place to go!" Lightbulb grabbed my hand and started running... towards a purple glow. "Lightbulb, no!" I whispered. I pulled her back and we fell into a bush.

Lightbulb POV
"Why'd you do that, Paint-" They put their hand over my mouth and shushed me. I blushed a bit at their action. "I saw Candle." They whispered. Well, I didn't see Candle, but whatever. I heard someone speak softly in the background. "Where did they go?" Yep, that's definitely Candle. I can hear her bitchy voice a mile away. "Ugh, 'you'll be fine!' they said, 'it'll be easy!' they said."

Candle started reaching the bushes for us. I grabbed Painty's hand and started crawling away from Candle. Painty accidentally put their arm on a stick and it cracked. Shitttt. Candle immediately blasted in the direction of the noise, barely missing Paintbrush. "There you are!" "TIME TO RUN!" I said, grabbing Painty's hand once again. Candle kept on blasting us- or trying to blast us. We ran through the trees and off the path. We tried to out run Candle, but I tripped and fell on the floor, cracking my bulb a bit. "Ow.." "LIGHTBULB!"

I stood up but was immediately shot by something. It didn't hurt though. I looked to my right and saw a pink gun sticking out of a bush not too far away. I started to feel drowsy. I took out the thing I was shot with and saw it was a dart. Like.. those ones they use to make people fall.. asleep in the.. mo.. vies.. I fell to the ground once again, my eyes falling down.. and then.. I blacked out.

Taco POV
I managed to successfully shoot Lightbulb, who was now unconscious, and I started aiming for Paintbrush. They had picked up Lightbulb and started to run. The only reason they were able to leave was because Candle was a bit startled by my bullet. She snapped out of it when they were already running away. She groaned, floating towards me. "Taco, Taco, Taco. Must you always make things so difficult? I almost had them." I rolled my eyes. "Well, if you did, they would be in the cage. But now Lightbulb is gonna be out cold for a while, which will give us time to catch up with them."

Candle scoffed. "Bring you and Microphone to the cage. It's time." "But we don't have the rest of them-" "Doesn't matter. She's here." I sighed and nodded. I walked back to the cave where Mic was currently sleeping in. I walked up to her and shook her awake. "Mic.. Mic~ It's time to wake up!~" I pressed her button on her chest and she yelled, really loudly. "Oh! I-I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I nodded, still feeling a bit dizzy. "Why'd you do that?" Mic asked, sitting up. "She's here." Mic's eyes widen. "Now? But she's two days early!" "I know, but we need to go." Mic stood up and held my hand. "Okay.." We walked out of the cave and headed towards the main part of the island.

When we got there, we saw her. I don't even know how she's still alive. "A̶̙̹̎ḧ̸̪́͝h̵͚̓̑ȟ̸͖!̶͓̐ ̶̩͋́͜Ì̷̡̡͘t̵̛͎͉'̶̧̺̐ŝ̸͍ ̴̮͝ś̷̬͚o̵̥̩̓o̸̡̥͗̚ ̶̬͒n̴͔͍̈́ȋ̶̦̓ͅc̵̞̊͘é̷̯ ̴̲̙͠ť̴̪̘͘ô̶͓ ̴̯̄̇b̸̊̚͜e̷̥͍͋̓ ̵͙̙͛̕b̵̯͉͛ä̵̗c̶̣͚͒ḱ̵̗̻́ ̴̩́̈́ò̵̘̫̀n̴͓̜̏c̷̞̏e̴͓̽ ̴̞̳̄ḁ̵́̍ǧ̵̙̱a̶͈͛ì̸̻͎n̵͎̉́!̵͈̐̋ ̷̩̺̄̏E̸̲̹͛̚v̵̭̝̅ḙ̸͎͛̆r̷͇͗̚ŷ̴͇͓̂ǫ̵̳̏͠n̵̄̍ͅȇ̷̥̑ ̶͙̀͝h̶̺̜͛̈́e̵̤̞̐r̷͙̈ȩ̸͌ ̵̳͝l̸̙̎o̵̻͐̈́ȯ̸͖k̵̰͕̐s̴̺̗̑́ ̵̅ͅj̵̡͈͐ṷ̶̥͝s̷̩̻̏t̵̥̟͆ ̵̠̇l̴͉͒ì̴̢̠k̴͈̇̆e̴̟̊͛ ̵̧̇̔I̴̲̔ ̵͇̬̌͐ẁ̶͕ȁ̸̧̱͝s̷̩̐ͅ ̵̜̎̌h̵͉͔͛ò̸̯̰͑p̵̼̽ȋ̷͓̮͂n̷̠̘͊̆g̸̥̀.̶̯͙̉" "Hello, Evil Leafy. We did our part of the job." She clapped with excitement. "P̴̤͑͘e̵͓̍͝ŕ̴͓f̶̺̱̆̅ė̴̬͖̚c̶̝̜̿̋t̷̰̱͋!̵̢̈ ̵̺͑̎A̷͚̪̕ḇ̶́͐s̴̢̓͝ö̸͈́l̵̝̑͜u̴̹̓͌ṯ̷̀̚e̴̥͗̕l̶̼͆y̵͉͝ ̶̘̯̐w̴̺̙͂ȍ̴̼̑ņ̴̠̀̉d̴̝̠̉ė̴̡̺r̴̡̻̓̈f̶̪͝u̶̞̩͐ḻ̶̒!̷̡͔͝ ̵̮͔̐̏I̶̞̫̒̾ ̴̛̦͛c̶̬̏a̸͙͘n̷̛̝'̵͆͒͜t̴̫̓̑ ̸̰̰̓̿w̵̧̰͗͠å̷̪i̵͇̿͝ṯ̷̆̀ ̵̗̔ţ̷̗͑ŏ̴͇ ̵̝̊̚g̷̰̠͒̕e̶̦͂t̵̠͒ ̵̭̿t̸̠̥̉ẖ̷̙͗ẹ̴̑͘ ̴͚̞̈̈r̸͙̥̉̾è̵̲v̸̞̥́e̸͖̾̃n̷̡͗g̵̫̋e̵͂͜ ̵̇ͅI̷̪̜̎͂ ̵̩͕̔̇ȓ̵̰̘i̵͙̓ģ̶̟̉ȟ̷̹̤t̸̼̮̅̕f̵̨̲͐̕u̷̩̦̒̉l̴̻̲̓̂l̶͈̔̓ŷ̶ͅͅ ̶͖͐̕d̵͈̊̍͜ě̴̥s̵̥̻̏é̷͙̾r̸̮͝v̴̰͇̒e̸̖̙͊" "O-Of course. You do deserve all of this!" Mic said, shaking a bit. "A̸̦̺̐w̷̼͗͒ẇ̶̜ ̵̬̣͑̆I̴̥͔̎'̷̖̂m̶̨͉͛̀ ̴͑͜f̴̧̛͐͜l̸̟̓̚ȃ̴̛̲ẗ̸̲́̾t̵̯͚͛e̶͓̓̂r̸̆̇ͅé̴̬́ḑ̸͙̍͒!̶̗͕͋͝ ̷̘̄̚N̵̖͈̈̏o̶̫͂ẁ̴̨̖̕.̴̫̆̇͜.̷̱̀̓ ̶̞̮̓̕m̴͉͓̊ą̴͋̈k̷͓̀̀e̵̳̰͋̚ ̸̮͘s̶̘̻̽̚u̸͎̽r̷͕͝e̸̜̫͋ ̷̜̌t̷̢̡̀̍h̴̲̣͝ă̴̧̞̈́t̷͇̙̔̆ ̴̥̄͝c̵̼͒ä̴̳͈́͠g̴̹͔͆͂e̴̢̬͘ ̴̟̖̓͐g̸̰̱͑e̴̥̽̿t̵͚̱̑s̵̲̅͐ ̸̪̃͘i̸̲̓n̶͙̔̕t̶̰͒͘o̵̤̾͌ͅ ̷̛̟̠t̵̘͋h̵̟̓̃e̴͍̖̅ ̵̧̧̚s̸̨̹̅͠k̴̥̟͆̀ỳ̸̙,̶̜̋ ̷̈̎͜ẘ̷͓̂i̵͙̖͗͋t̷̻͖̒h̸͖̆o̴̜̯̓͆ụ̷̽͘t̴̨̋ ̵͎͂t̷͇̣͋h̷̟̮̎ẹ̸̢̋ ̸̧̦̽o̶̻̎t̷̢̰͐ḧ̶͍͇̆ȇ̶̢r̸͎͌͝ ̵̛̭̫i̵̧͔̅͝s̸͍̪̔l̶̟̊a̵̳̳͒̂ń̵̰̯̏d̶͚͇͌̀ ̵͍̠͊͝ň̶̯̎ȍ̸̥ẗ̷͕́i̵̢͋̂ͅc̶̲̏̚i̴̼̓͝n̵̗̦͋g̶̼͆.̵̛̙̪ ̷̻̰͛͆Ẃ̴̭ë̶̠͖́̓'̶̪͠v̷̤́͝e̴̜͝ ̵̬͗͊h̴͔́ä̸̙̜́d̸͉͕͑ ̴̣̌e̴̘͑ṅ̴͈͕̕ỏ̵̝͘ͅu̵̢̬̚ḡ̶̙̊h̷̲̞́̃ ̴̻̀̆ò̵̤̖͗f̸̗͖̑ ̴̫̩͂ǒ̷̫û̸͉̙r̵̦͘ ̵̛̰͒p̵̛͖l̶͐́͜a̷̙̿͋n̸͔̲͐s̸̝̩̓̃ ̷̧̀̂r̵̪̯̀ŭ̵͈̘̽i̵͔̒ṇ̶̭̒ẽ̷͎̙͝d̶̥̈́ ̶̰͔̎̀à̴͖ḷ̷̉̽ŗ̶̱̓͝e̵̫̚ā̸̡̡d̶̄̕ͅy̵̱̟͂̽.̷̲́̋.̸̢͈̀͝"

Candle nodded, looking a bit exhausted from all the hard work she had been doing. Evil Leafy seemed to notice. "A̵̧̠̓r̶͙̞̐͌e̸̠̅̒ ̶̠̺̃̚ŷ̷̡͔́ó̴̹̃u̵̓͆ͅ ̴̧̻̒̕ț̵͙͝i̷̹̲̊̚r̵͔̤̀e̸͔͖̅d̵͔͆͠,̵̢͛̕ ̶͙̟͑͝C̴̨̚a̸͓̞͂̑ń̸̯̫̕ḍ̸͛͝l̴̰̣͝ẽ̵͓̂ͅ?̷̘̂̾" "Just a little.." Evil Leafy rolled her eyes. "F̴̺͂i̶̗̽n̶͇͘͜e̸̮̩͒,̵̹̿͠ ̸̯̄r̴̨̾̉ẻ̴̼͆s̴̠͝͠t̴̬͆ ̶̠̓̔t̵̪̉h̷͐ͅë̶̙̞́͠ǹ̷͔.̴͉̑̄ ̵̰͒̅W̴̜̺̚͠ẹ̸̘̔̐ ̷̮̇͝ć̵̡̤̚a̸̖̦̐n̶̡̬͊̐ ̴͉́d̴̟̎ȏ̸͕͈ ̵̡̈́̊t̵̲́h̵̹͖́̓ì̴͇ṣ̵̓̄ͅ ̵̩̏͘i̴͙̊n̴̘͙̕ ̴͔̿̉t̵͇̿̀h̷̺̀̈ě̵̢̘ ̴̩͌ͅm̶̨͋ö̸̝́ṛ̴̭̐n̶̢̋i̷̦̮͑͊n̴̖̆͘͜g̶̤̙͛.̷͈̤̂" Candle was taken aback by this. "A-Are you sure?" "Y̴͖̑͝e̵̲̪̓s̶̀ͅ,̴͖̻͐ ̶̬͚̇̕I̶̜̓'̶͎̭̈́m̷̜̤̄̀ ̶̝̖̂̆s̸̟̼͆ü̴͚̟̚r̸̫̪̀͋ȩ̵̈́̇.̶̺̄ ̵̫̜̈́M̶͇͍̌̊a̵͔͆̀k̴͈̍e̷̟̝͘ ̵̘̤͛s̶̖̀u̸̦̽͗r̷͈̝̓e̵̜͒̌ ̸̝̺̋̃y̵͚͇̐ō̶̝u̴̓ͅ'̴̻̩̅͘ļ̸̖͑̈́l̴̖̄̚ ̴́̕͜b̷̼͝ė̶̟ ̷̛̼̚a̵̞̙͆̈́b̴̤͋̈́l̶̩̓͗ͅě̶̗̯͝ ̷͈̎̀t̵̖̭̏ǒ̸̮͘ ̴̭͆w̷͖̰͐̃o̶͔̼̐̋r̷̲̄̍k̸̝̭͋̄ ̶̮͚̓t̷͇̊o̷̥̦̿͂m̶̛͍̪̀o̸̭͒͝r̸̭̹̔́r̴͇̞͗̿o̷͙͑͋w̶͍̍" Candle nodded as Evil Leafy teleported away.

Candle sighed and started to walk towards the forest. "I'm taking a nap." "O-Oh! Okay then!" Mic yelled out. "I've never actually seen any of these people." I said, walking closer towards the cage. "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU ROTTON TACO! Mic! Dispose of her!" "How does he know you?" Mic sighed. "This is my cousin, Silver. Well, not really cousin because he and Knife are half brothers and I'm Knife's cousin- b-but I call him my cousin."

I nodded and made a noise to show that I understood. I looked at all the people in the cage, until my eyes landed on a.. file cabinet? "Who's that?" I asked Mic. "Her? Hm.. I believe that her name is Cabby." "Cabby." I repeated. "She seems.. interesting.." Mic rolled their eyes playfully. "Yeah, yeah. C'mon, we gonna set up the glass cage." "GLASS CAGE??" They all yelled out. "Ummm... It's nothing you should be worrying about!" "Ughh, Mic! You just gave away our secret next step of the plan because you were being cute!" Mic blushed. "Aww, you think I'm cute?" "W-Whatever! I'm gonna start working on the cage while you calm them down!"