Chapter 16 - Lightbulb's Silly Guess

another chapter yippee!! uh uh idk whar to say. im gay. oh and my bday was march 30th

oka uhm enjoy plwase??

oh and i forgot testy goes by all pronouns so imma stat using thsoe

and im headcanoning that lightbulb took spanish classes in middle school cuz i am 😻🤞🤞and fan is spainsh

———————————————————

Paintbrush POV
"So me and Lighty were thinking that we could sneak on to the island. That way no one will see us, especially Candle, and we could plan our next move from there." I said, as Lightbulb drew out the plan on the piece of paper. "So, we're just going in blind?" Test Tube asked. "That doesn't sound like a good plan." "Well, Testy, we don't know what to expect from Candle," Lightbulb said. "She could've possessed someone and is now putting everyone in a cage and waiting on someone called Ë̶̗̤̘͎͚̳͖v̸̡͖͇̹̟̣͓̜̤̹̒͑ȉ̷̢̛̹̺̋̈́l̴̖̳̠̞͉̟̜͙͇̰̘̒̈́͛́͌͗͑͘͝ͅ ̷̧̦͕̦̯̹̯͖̺̱̭͉̦͊̄̃̓́̋̒͊͒͂̚͘͠L̵̲̹̓̍̀̊̓́͘͝ë̷̳̥̞͚̪̭̻̰̣͕́̓́̕͜͝a̵̧̧͇̹͍̺͎̦̖̪͕͌͌͒̚f̸̡͕̦̞̍́̇͝y̶̛͈̬̅͂̓͑̇͑̄̕̚ to come and get them for something. Just a guess though." "...That was oddly specific Lightbulb." Fan said, looking a bit concerned. "Come on! It was just a guess!" "Fan we have bigger things to worry about than Lightbulb's silly guesses." Test Tube said, pushing up xir glasses. They pulled out a clipboard from no where and started speaking again.

"The helicopter should be ready in another hour or so, so in the meantime we should go with Lightbulb's silly guess—" Lightbulb stuck the middle finger up at Test Tube. "-And act like that's what's happening." "I mean it makes sense," I said. "We have to expect the worse from Candle. She could probably do anything if she wanted to." "You mean, if she put her mind to it?" Fan joked. We all just started at him. "Oh come on! That one was actually really funny!"

"Fan, now is not the time for jokes! We have some serious shit on our hands!" Test Tube said. She grabbed a chemical from the shelf and walked back over. "This is an invisibility potion." "Like in Minecraft?!" "Yes, Fan, like in Minecraft. I only have one though so we need to pick one person to do this-" "ME! I WANNA!" I sighed. "Lightbulb, no." "Come on Painty! I can do it! I can focus really really hard if I wanted to. Just lemme try, pleaseeee?" "No Lightbulb. You get distracted easily and your ADHD isn't helping your case." Lightbulb scoffed. "My ADHD is amazing thank you, very.. oh look at that ant." I face palmed. "I'll do it!" Fan said, raising her hand. "No." Testy said, putting Fan's hand down and intertwining their fingers. "The last time you went on a mission/got kidnapped, didn't go well, accident or not." "How about me?" I asked. "Definitely not. Your short temper could get us in trouble." I rolled my eyes. "Well, Test Tube, if you wanted to just go why didn't you just say thaT YOURSELF?!" I yelled. "Because I wanted you all to feel like you had a choice."

I rolled my eyes. "Well Tube," Lightbulb said. "If you're gonna go invisible or whatever, what are me, Painty, and Flat Face gonna do?" "I'm glad you asked Lightbulb." Test Tube said, taking off his glasses and putting on her goggles. "You see, if Lightbulb's guess is correct, I'll be trying to free the people in the cages while you guys try to distract Candle. You have to be careful though, you can't get captured. We don't know what she could be up to." We nodded. Lightbulb giggled. "Estoy muy emocionada por esto!" "..What?" I asked. "Lightbulb just said she was excited about this." Test Tube said. "Sí, eres muy estúpida Paintbrush." "UGH! CAN WE JUST GO ALREADY?!" I yelled. "Heheh alright. I'll get my helicopter."

30 minutes later

Leafy POV
'Firey' collected all of the ii season 3 contestants, at least that's what Bot was telling me, including the ones on that creepy island and he put us on the floor. "Hey! Over here!" Someone yelled. It was.. Lightbulb? "Ugh, not you." 'Firey' said, floating slowly to the ground. "Yeah it's us!" Paintbrush yelled. "And we're here to stop you!" "Yeah! And that disgusting purple glow reminds me of that bitch Candle!" 'Firey's eyes glowed even more. He immediately flew over to them. "Ok guys time to run!" Paintbrush said. They ran into the forest with 'Firey' following shortly after them.

"Ugh, this is dreadful! Being in a box with you.. you ruffians! Where is Candle?" Silver Spoon complained. "Stop winning Silver, that isn't going to get us anywhere!" Bot exclaimed. "Yeah, Bow- sorry, Bot is right. We need to think of a way to get outta here." Cabby said, looking closer at the bars. Nickel sighed. "I really don't think the bars are gonna magically open out of nowhere-" Suddenly a bar broke off right in front of Cabby with a small thud. Test Tube a appeared right next to the bar breathing heavily. "Everyone! Hurry up and get out!!" We all quickly got out of the cage. Bot gave Test Tube a big hug. I guess they missed her. "We need to get in my helicopter now. I'll go get Lightbulb, Fan, and Paintbrush." We nodded and xey ran off.

Test Tube POV
Gosh, I hope their okay. I can't believe Lightbulb's silly guess was correct. We should really rely on her more often. I ran into the forest. There was barely any sunlight in there, the trees covering most of it. I thought I heard someone's voice and started to run towards it, only for someone to grab me. I was pulled into a bush. "ACK-" "Shhh! Be quiet Testy." Fan whispered. Thank goodness. "Where's Lightbulb and Paintbrush?" "We got split up. I think their okay now." Lightbulb and Paintbrush ran into our bush. "Omga, that was so scary." "What happened?" I asked. "Well," Paintbrush began. "We found out Firey was being possessed by Candle which was obvious and she tried to kill us so we ran. I think we lost her though." "We need to get out of this forest." I said.

I peeked my head out of the bush. I saw a faint purple glow in the distance. I put my head back inside. "Candle is getting closer to us." I whispered, "Be quiet."

3rd person POV
Candle was pissed. More than pissed. Those people are gonna ruin the plan. She couldn't mess this up! If she does then.. no. She can't think like that. She heard rustling from a bush not too far from her. Prefect. Now she needed a way to trick them. She thought for a moment. That's it! She cleared her throat and let Firey do the rest.

Firey seemed a bit confused for a moment but followed Candle's orders. "Woah! Where am I? Is anyone there?" Fan peaked his head out of the bush. Test Tube immediately grabbed her and pulled him down with a small "HM?!" coming from Fan's mouth. "I-I think I'm lost! Ughhh! Why did Candle have to do this to me?!" Firey's anger towards Candle was really helping his act. "Umm, are you really Firey?" Lightbulb asked, stepping out of the bush. Firey looked to his left and flinched a bit. "Y-Yeah? I'm pretty sure I would know I'm myself." Lightbulb was hesitant but pulled everyone out of the bush. "Um.. hi?" Firey said, a bit sheepish.

Suddenly, his eyes glowed that same purple glow. And he started to laugh. "Hahaha, HAHAHA! I didn't that would be that easy! Haha!" "Shit! We've been tricked!" Test Tube exclaimed. "Indeed you have.." "RUN!" They started to run deeper in the forest. "Oh, you wanna play tag? Alright then.. I'm it."