Chapter 11 - Matrimony

No one's POV:

"We are gathered here today to join these men together in lawful matrimony," The clerk stated as she gestured to Taehyung and Jeongguk.

"Who is your witness today?" She spoke again as Jimin stood up from the pew at the front and said that it was him.

Jimin held onto his phone tightly as he continued to film the moment, he also made sure to get some good angles of the couple on their special day.

The clerk then proceeded to speak about love and the holy sacrament of marriage before turning to Jeongguk with a smile.

"Do you, Jeon Jeongguk, pledge to love this man, to be true and loyal to him and to comfort and keep him in both sickness and in health?" The clerk stated.

Jeongguk gulped slightly as he looked at where he was holding Taehyung's hands.

"I do," He then said when Jeongguk squeeze his hand slightly.

"And do you, Kim Taehyung, pledge to love this man, to be true and loyal to him and to comfort and keep him in both sickness and in health?" The clerk spoke again.

"I do," The brunet stated as he looked into Jeongguk's eyes.

"I now pronounce you husbands, you may kiss the groom," The woman stated happily as she beamed at the two men in front of her.

Both Taehyung and Jeongguk had small smiles playing at their lips after their vows. Taehyung's ears seemed to tune out the clerk's voice and all surrounding sounds appeared, turning into a long drone.

So when Jeongguk cupped the back of his husband's head and placed his lips over his own, Taehyung's eyes widened slightly. However, he controlled his emotions and kissed Jeongguk back.

The brunet pressed his body into the Marine and held onto his collar tightly, Jeongguk smirked at the reaction and squeezed Taehyung's waist slightly before letting go.

"How are you doing today, Commando?" Taehyung whispered into Jeongguk's ear.

Jeongguk chuckled at Taehyung's antics and pulled away before whispering back "It's Lance Corporal Jeon to you."

__________________________________

Loud cheers erupted from the table in the restaurant when Taehyung showed the engagement ring and wedding band on his fingers.

Jeongguk and Taehyung had exchanged wedding bands after the ceremony and now they were at the restaurant with the rest of Jeongguk's Marine friends.

Although Taehyung didn't like them, especially the boy named Jaesung, he promised Jeongguk that he would behave around them.

"Hey," A boy with a dimpled smile spoke.

"Oh hi Namjoon," Taehyung returned as he moved his chair so he was able to hear Namjoon a little better.

"So, how are you holding up?" The man asked as Taehyung looked slightly confused.

"About their next shipment," Namjoon clarified as Taehyung nodded his head slightly.

"Yeah it's um- difficult," Taehyung stated, not really sure how to reply.

"Cause I'm struggling with this one. I know it's Jimin's job and all but I can't help but get really worried about him. He's the most important person in my life and I-" Namjoon started to say as he wiped the tears that began to fall from his eyes.

Taehyung never realised the full implications of having someone you care about be in the military. The separation must be horrible and Taehyung couldn't help but look at Jeongguk with worry.