Chapter 47 - Forevermore

No one's POV:

After everyone had cleared out of the court room, Taehyung and Jeongguk remained in each other's arms.

It had been ages since they had been this close and it felt blissful to say the very least.

The embrace was like biting into a freshly baked cookie. It was warm and inviting. Turning both husbands' hearts into a gooey, mushy mess.

Jeongguk was so close that he could smell Taehyung's sweet scent and it was a weird thing to comprehend, the fragrance was mellow and blissful.

But most importantly, it was recognisable and comforting.

Something Jeongguk has missed dearly.

The sweet vanilla scent overloaded the ex-marine, but it was not the overly sweet and artificial kind. No, this was warm and light, almost like ice cream.

Taehyung had always been protective over his special shampoo. It was off limits and this was exactly why. The smell was simply too heavenly to share. That's why Jeongguk was banned from using it. Having always been a fan of luxury things like that, Taehyung was possessive- to say the least.

With no comprehension of the minutes passing by, the hug seemed to last forever and yet for the smallest measurement of time.

All was still and quiet in the room- until the silence was broken by Taehyung's voice cutting through.

"You're an idiot, you know?" Taehyung said, shaking his head in disbelief before he spoke again, "That could have gone very wrong."

Jeongguk chuckled slightly, peeling his husband off of him so he could meet Taehyung's eyes.

"I knew the risks Tae. . . this was something I had to do. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was the reason you went to prison." The ravenet said with an assured tone.

The way Jeongguk viewed it, he got them into this situation. Therefore, it was only fair that he would be the one to get them out of it.

That meant taking a risk.

Taehyung just nodded at Jeongguk's response. It didn't surprise him in the slightest but that didn't mean that Taehyung condoned his husband's actions.

They were stupid and utterly reckless- but they worked.

"We vowed to take care of each other in sickness and in health and we did that. A-and I think this is a real marriage. I think this is the realest thing i've ever been in!" Taehyung said strongly as he looked up to meet Jeongguk's gaze.

The male was looking somewhat indifferent as he listened but that proved to be only because he was in a state of complex thought. Behind his eyes, a flurry of questions seemed to bombard his brain from left right and centre.

So much doubt was placed and it was slowly but surely creeping to the forefront of Jeongguk's mind.

They had been through so much.

It would be wrong to just jump into this headfirst. Immature even. Who was to say that after taking the leap of faith that everything would just be okay?

What if they went for it but found themselves not being able to come up for air?

Fuck, Jeongguk was just prettified that everything would fail.

And he hated being a failure.

Sure, there were good times but it would be stupid to pretend that they got on like a house on fire.

There have been arguments. There were days where the two husbands didn't even speak to each other.

So when Jeongguk finally focused his vision back to the male in front of him, his mind was still in a haze.