Chapter 31 - Silk Sheets (m)

WARNING: SLIGHT SEXUAL CONTENT

No one's POV:

Taehyung laid awake, his sleep eluding him.

Unfortunately, this wasn't an uncommon occurrence for the brunet. Sometimes his mind just wouldn't shut off and that often resulted in Taehyung staring at the ceiling for hours on end.

It was in times like these that Taehyung's thoughts became darker. Where there are no distractions to occupy him, it was inevitable that his best friend crossed his mind.

Denial about what has happened persisted up until the funeral. Then came anger and now came sadness and pain.

A piece of Taehyung's heart was missing, leaving a gaping hole. In a desperate attempt to fill the void that he had made Taehyung would dial his number.

The brunet still had it committed to memory, seemingly unable to forget the way of contacting him.

Then Taehyung would leave a voice message, one that Jimin would never hear. However, it felt like a way of speaking to his friend, even if he never gets a reply back.

Loneliness emphasised the pain and Taehyung was used to crying himself to sleep, it was his normal for the last few months.

But this time, Taehyung didn't feel alone. Someone was there, lying next to him, seemingly sound asleep.

Glancing over at his husband, all that was visible to Taehyung was the fabric that laid over Jeongguk's muscular back. Even through the thin fabric, he was able to see the subtle dips and curves of the rippling muscles that lay beneath.

Gulping thickly, Taehyung took his eyes off of the Marine. The close proximity was mind boggling to the brunet. Every inch of Taehyung's body felt hot as desire pooled in the pit of his stomach.

The brunet began to shuffle uncomfortably under the covers, hoping to relieve the simmering heat. This was a far greater distraction from his painful thoughts than he had bargained for.

Jeongguk, on the other hand, was trying not to breathe too heavily at the way Taehyung was looking at him. The Marine stole quick glances at his husband before closing his eyes, not wanting to get caught staring.

At some point, Jeongguk could feel Taehyung's stare boring into the back of his head. Nervousness bubbled within the anxious male before almost taking over his whole being.

With no idea Jeongguk was awake, Taehyung struggled for what seemed like ages to get to sleep. That was until the deep voice of the Marine cut through the thick silence of the night.

"Come here," Jeongguk whispered, not able to bear how unsettled Taehyung looked. The brunet jumped slightly, not expecting to hear anything. However, his heart calmed when it recognised the soothing voice of his husband.

Taehyung didn't need to be told twice and immediately shuffled over to Jeongguk, curling into his side. The Marine's hand tangled itself in the brunet's hair and began to play with the strands just how Taehyung liked it.

"You scared the shit out of me, you know?" Taehyung whispered as he cuddled into his husband side a little more.

"I was just testing your reflexes. I've got to keep you on your toes," Jeongguk returned, before a deep, velvety chuckle escaped his lips. Taehyung slapped the Marine's toned chest softly- partly as an excuse to feel the defined muscles.

Instead of withdrawing his hand the brunet let it lay there and began to draw small circles with his fingers.

The digits ran down Jeongguk's chiseled pecks all the way to his abdomen before feeling the soft dips of the ravenet's abs.

The hand that was nestled in Taehyung's hair came to a halt as Jeongguk watched the way his husband traced his body. As if exploring it for the first time and yet somehow knowing his way around the troughs and peaks.

Air seemed to get trapped in Jeongguk's throat as he slowed his breathing. Despite hardly touching the Marine, Taehyung had an enormous effect on him. Jeongguk's muscles grew tense as his skin seemed to become hypersensitive to the feeling of Taehyung's fingers pushing the silky fabric of his shirt against his skin.

Then, the brunet's fingers slipped under the material of Jeongguk's shirt, lifting away the fabric so they could feel the true warmth of the Marine's skin.

Taehyung's fingers moved tenderly up his husband's body, stopping every so often to explore more crevices. The journey upwards continued until Taehyung halted his movements and retracted his hand from under Jeongguk's shirt.

The Marine let go of a breath he didn't even know he was holding before looking down at Taehyung through hooded eyes. Unconsciously, the brunet brought his whole body further up towards Jeongguk and planted his hands on the ravenet's defined chest.

Taehyung's gaze flickered down to Jeongguk's lips as tension filled the entire room. Then, the ravenet brought his hand up to Taehyung's arm, travelling up the limb slowly and with purpose until, eventually, he reached the back of his husband's neck.

The other hand soon followed until Taehyung's nape was encapsulated by Jeongguk's palms. The Marine's thumbs traced along his husband's jawline and Adams apple, feeling the prominent bulge before digging his fingers into the thick hair at the base of Taehyung's neck.

Both male's leaned closer until their lips were just centimetres apart.

Tantalisingly close to ecstasy.

Eventually though, Taehyung couldn't wait any longer and he pushed his lips forward, catching Jeongguk's so that they were no longer just ghosting over each other.

Jeongguk moved his lips slowly against his husband, savouring the feeling he so rarely got. Enjoying the taste of the strawberry chapstick that Taehyung was wearing in the day.

The flavour was subtle but that only led Jeongguk to deepen the kiss, yearning for more. Taehyung moaned at the feeling as he pushed himself up by his legs and straddled them across Jeongguk's hips.

Jeongguk pulled himself up slightly so he was in a more comfortable position, leaning against the headboard. Taehyung lifted his hips up so the ravenet could manoeuvre, careful not apply any pressure to the damaged part of his husband's leg.

Before long, the two were joined in a heated kiss yet again. Tongues collided as both men tried to dominate the kiss. Although both were stubborn and competitive, Jeongguk won the fight by pulling Taehyung's hair tightly, leading the male to groan in both pain and pleasure.

Jeongguk took the break in the kiss as a chance to attack Taehyung's neck. The onslaught of biting and sucking sent shivers up Taehyung's spine, causing the male to grip onto the ravenet's shoulders tightly.

Soon enough, the brunet's jawline was littered with hickeys and Jeongguk couldn't have been happier with the work of art he created on Taehyung's neck. A lovesick smile graced the ravenet's face as he admired Taehyung's neck, the tanned skin just looked so delectable like that.

However, the smile was soon replaced with a smirk when Jeongguk saw the blissed out expression on Taehyung's face.

The male's lips were red and puffy as they glistened in the faint, amber light of the room. Shallow puffs of breath escaped the small parting of Taehyung's glistening lips as the male tried to calm his racing heart.

Taehyung's eyes were hooded with desire, they were smaller and more siren like than Jeongguk remembered.

Flecks of hickory and vermilion hovered in Taehyung's dark eyes- a stark contrast to the tanned honey skin that was stained with red. Crimson blush painted the brunet's cheeks and Jeongguk watched on, mesmerised by the subtle rise and fall of his husband's chest.

Pride consumed Jeongguk.

He had done that to Taehyung and the sight was all his to behold.

Biting his lip at the devilish display, Jeongguk leaned in towards Taehyung's ear and nibbled on the shell of it before whispering.

"How much do you want it my darling?"