Chapter 27 - Can't Stand The Heat

No one's POV:

"Jeonggukie~~~~" Taehyung taunted as he shook the pot in his hand. The male sauntered towards his husband, a smirk covering his lips.

Jeongguk, who sat calmly in his wheelchair, was leaning onto the table in front of him with his elbows. His hands were clutched onto a thick book as he turned the page every so often.

The extreme focus Jeongguk had on the book showed in his face. The Marine's eyes were hardened as he furrowed his eyebrows in deep concentration.

The calmness and serenity of the morning was abruptly disturbed by Taehyung's voice cutting through the pleasant silence.

Jeongguk glanced up from his book, annoyed that he had to stop reading the gripping fantasy book. It was just getting good before Taehyung decided to interrupt Jeongguk's focus.

"Guess what I have~~~" The brunet said teasingly.

"What might that be dear?" Jeongguk replied sarcastically, frustrated by Taehyung's badgering. Using a pet name on purpose just to irk Taehyung back.

The brunet said nothing as he placed the pot onto the table, a challenging smirk taking control of his face.

"Jalapeños? Really?" Jeongguk said, agahst. He thought Taehyung would have forgotten about their little bet, but apparently that was far from the truth.

Taehyung remembered the moment.

Vividly.

"You just can't handle any spice," Taehyung replied after swallowing the bite of burrito. The male showed no sign of finding the burrito spicy, he didn't reach for his drink or break a sweat.

"I can- it's just- it's pointless eating food when all you can taste is hot sauce. It ruins whatever it is on when you cover it so heavily like that," Jeongguk reasoned, aghast at how his husband was managing to eat such a horrible combination of food.

"I call bullshit,"

"What-"

"You can't handle the heat~" Taehyung taunted, chuckling at Jeongguk's offence to the statement.

"I'll buy some hot peppers sometime and we'll see how much you can take," The brunet announced, finishing off his burrito and pushing his chair back to stand up.

"Fine. Then I can prove you wrong,"

Jeongguk was going to rue the day he ever challenged Taehyung, the brunet would make sure of it.

Taehyung smirked when Jeongguk seemed to show instant regret for being so brazen.

"Fine. I'll prove my godlike spice tolerance to you if I must," Jeongguk answered, staring intently at his husband who sat down opposite him.

"Are you sure you can take it? I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself," Taehyung replied tauntingly as he cracked the lid off of the pot.

"Bring it on," Was all Jeongguk said as he prepared himself for the fiery hell that awaited him. The Marine may have lied about how well he could handle spicy food and now it was coming back to bite him on the ass.

Jeongguk had a tendancy to over exaggerate his abilities, especially when it came to some form of a competition. Even now though, the Marine wasn't going to admit defeat.

While it is true that drowning all the food you eat in hot sauce ruins the flavour (Jeongguk stood by that statement). It is also true that Jeongguk doesn't really like spicy food- he wasn't a weakling but he certainly wasn't as advanced as Taehyung was at handling spice.