Chapter 25 - A Cry Of Help

No one's POV:

To say that Jeongguk's life has been turned upside down would be a complete and total understatement.

Everything has changed- from the way the Marine moves around- to the activities he can do. Although Jeongguk didn't expect it to be easy, he definitely didn't think things would be this difficult.

Jeongguk was only just beginning to move on from the events that had happened recently- from the IED detonation to Jimin's death.

But ever since leaving the hospital, basic living has been an unrelenting struggle. Taehyung had helped as much as he could and although Jeongguk wasn't proud of it, he lied about how hard things have been.

Jeongguk lies about being able to do things.

He lies about how much he is struggling.

He lies about how much pain he is in.

Jeongguk wasn't proud of it at all and guilt consumed him everytime he plastered on a fake smile to try and convince Taehyung that he was okay.

The truth was that Jeongguk wasn't.

He wasn't okay.

Things have been more difficult but Jeongguk felt like a massive burden to Taehyung. The brunet didn't sign up for this when he agreed to the marriage and the Marine felt like he was invading his husband's life.

However right now, as much as it pained him, Jeongguk needed help.

It was unavoidable.

"TAEHYUNG!" The Marine yelled after hissing in pain. The strained call made Taehyung immediately sprint towards the bathroom, concerned for his husband.

Jeongguk rarely even shouts, let alone yell in pain, so Taehyung thought the worst. The brunet's face contorted with worry and stress as he reached the outside of the bathroom door.

"Jeongguk what's wrong? Are you okay in there?" The male called out as he knocked on the door to alert Jeongguk of his presence.

"Yeah- I- I need help," Jeongguk said, uttered dejectedly, frustrated with himself and his leg.

"Okay, then can I come in?" Taehyung asked, not wanting to invade Jeongguk's privacy.

"Yeah- yeah you can," The ravenet answered as he clutched onto the side of the bath to stop himself from doubling over in pain. The wheelchair was abandoned on the other side of the room as groans left the struggling Marine's mouth.

"Jeongguk wha- oh my God! Here, sit down!" Taehyung said upon entering the bathroom and seeing his husband's state. The brunet instantly held Jeongguk by the waist to lower him onto the closed toilet seat.

"What were you trying to do?" Taehyung inquired as he crouched down infront of the weak male.

"I was trying to have a bath. I thought I would be ready but clearly- I'm not. Up until now I have used flannels but I just thought I could try doing something normal again," Jeongguk answered, avoided eye contact with his husband.

Shame consumed the Marine as he glanced at the bathtub he failed so miserably to get into.

"Kooks. . . I-" Taehyung began but he couldn't find the words to console Jeongguk. The male looked so shattered, he was still recovering from the scars of war and now he had to deal with this.

There truly was nothing that could make this situation better.

"Don't worry Tae. I know it was a stupid idea. I'm just so sick of all of this. It feels like I haven't made any progress in weeks," Jeongguk stated as he looked up at Taehyung.