Chapter 39 - You know what they say about paradise?

No one's POV:

"Enjoying your hot sauce with that pasta?" Jeongguk blurted out when he saw that the red sauce had covered the second bowl of pasta Taehyung was eating.

The male in question just rolled his eyes and dumped on more hot sauce again in bitterness.

"Yes, very much so. Thank you for enquiring." Taehyung stated as he squinted his eyes before shoving more pasta in his mouth. The bowl was nearly empty and Taehyung was wondering whether to just start drinking the sauce out of the little bottle.

That would definitely mortify Jeongguk and the brunet chuckled at the thought.

"I think it's ice cream time!" Jeongguk announced when he saw that Taehyung had finished his food.

"Of course it is." Taehyung said as he giggled at how a childish grin covered his husband's face. There was a shine in his eyes as he talked about his favourite ice cream flavours.

It was refreshing to see Jeongguk look so happy and carefree after all that has happened.

Certainly a nice change.

Inside the basket was a little blue cool box that contained the frozen treat. A giddy Jeongguk ripped open the lid and pulled out the tub of ice cream but was horrified when he saw the flavour.

"The fuck is this." The marine stated as he pulled out the tub of cool ice cream. His face went from happy to utter horror in a matter of seconds and Taehyung couldn't have been more confused.

"Mint choc chip? I think I have lost all respect for you Tae." Jeongguk grunted when he saw his husband chuckle out of the corner of his eye.

"I'm not seeing the issue here." The brunet exclaimed when he felt the marine's accusing glare land on him.

"Not seeing the issue? Not seeing the issue! Taehyung this is literally frozen toothpaste and you have the audacity to sit there and enjoy this abomination of an ice cream flavour." Jeongguk returned, somewhat outraged that Taehyung could enjoy such a horrible concoction.

"Why are you always judging my food choices?" The brunet asked as a small smile made its way onto his face, shaking his head.

From tea to hot sauce to ice cream, Taehyung could not eat anything without an unnecessary comment from Jeongguk.

He just wanted to eat in peace.

"Because they are weird Tae. Extremely fucking odd." Jeongguk replied as he raised his eyebrows at the way his husband seemed so casual about it.

"You literally can't talk, vanilla is so basic and that's your favourite flavour." Taehyung added in reply to Jeongguk's slander of mint chocolate chip.

"It's not basic. It's classic. There is a difference but clearly your underdeveloped taste buds don't have the capability to comprehend that, so I rest my case." Jeongguk declared after giving his husband a disapproving look.

"Well it's not like i'm not forcing you to eat it. . . yet. Besides that means more for me." Taehyung announced as he snatched the container out of Jeongguk's hand and grabbed a spoon to eat the ice cream.

Opening the lid, Taehyung breathed in the heavenly minty scent and adored the way the light green colour contrasted against the flecks of brown chocolate chunks.

The smooth ice cream glided onto his spoon when Taehyung dug into the mountain of green.

In the brunet's opinion, the ice cream looked divine and it tasted even better. However, Jeongguk just looked on in absolute disgust. It was clear to see that the marine was by no means a fan of the stuff.

Taehyung sighed in delight when the heavenly taste covered his tongue and spread its flavour. Like a refreshing drink in the heat of summer- it hit all the right spots.

Jeongguk chose not to have any, maintaining that it is a disgrace to the culinary world. Instead the marine looked out onto the ocean and enjoyed the view.

Having just about finished his little tub of ice cream, Taehyung was suddenly startled by his phone ringing. It was certainly an unusual time as most people would be at work but the male picked his phone up anyway.

"I'll be back in a second." Taehyung muttered when he turned over his phone and stood up.

The caller was unknown so the brunet assumed it must be something money or business related. Jeongguk was barely able to make out the voice but something irked him about the person calling.

Familiarity was it? Recognition?

But the marine didn't dwell on the matter, knowing it probably didn't have much significance.

Jeongguk just nodded his head and watched his husband walk away. The scenery looked absolutely breathtaking and even Mushu, who was relaxing by his rock, watched the waves crash in and out against the sand.

The sapphire waters shimmered as the sun pounded down onto the ocean, heating the liquid blue.

However, the serenity of the view was disturbed when Jeongguk looked back over to his husband.

The male's facial expression had changed significantly from the calm one he had on before.

Narrowing his eyes, Jeongguk was able to make out the furrowed eyebrows on his husband. Taehyung's teeth were gritted because of his clenched jaw. His face was hardened in thundering rage and flashes of seething red pushed onto the male's face.

With every word the person on the phone spoke, Taehyung's face seemed to morph into a deeper confine of rage and blazing fury.

That was until Taehyung threw his phone into the sand in complete frustration with what he had just heard.

Jeongguk had never seen Taehyung this mad. Passionate sure, but the brunet was never one to lose his temper and certainly not so quickly.

Although Taehyung has always stood up for what he believes in, the male never quite seemed to lose all control of his emotions.

This was different though.

Taehyung wasn't just mad. He was unhinged and almost sent into a frenzy.

The male rubbed his forehead with his hand as he exhaled deeply. Taehyung spent a few moments like that, just rubbing his head with his index finger as if it could get rid of the headache.

Clearly trying to gather himself rather than just screaming and shouting.

The person on the phone had stopped speaking by now and had disconnected the line. However that seemed to only anger Taehyung more as he looked down at the way the coward hid behind a screen.

Shaking his head and laughing bitterly, Taehyung picked up the phone from the floor and wiped the coarse sand off of the screen.

Exhaling shakily, Taehyung made his way back up the the picnic the two husbands had set up.

That was when all hell broke loose.

The brunet looked like a thunderstorm as he stomped over to Jeongguk who was still completely oblivious.

Trying to remain calm had not worked.

At all.

"What is it Tae? You look-" The marine began but he was very quickly cut off the enraged male.

"What the fuck did you do Jeongguk?" Taehyung shouted, his eyes hardening at the mere sight of his husband who had the audacity to pretend he didn't know anything. 

Taehyung pointed an accusing finger at his husband before he jabbed it into the male's chest, pressing down on the skin.

It was like Taehyung's soul left his body and all that was there was pure horror and rage.

All the anger and resentment was visible in the disgusted look on his face.

Disappointment. Rage. Betrayal.

But a harsh bitterness overruled all other emotions.

How blissful married life seems?

Then reality slaps you in the fucking face.