How Harper Saved a Life <3

"Bro, how did THIS kid pull the prettiest girl in school? Look at him!" One of the boys shouted. 

"He's just the little bitch from Chicago! You don't belong here nerd!" Another boy laughed. 

"Dude, Harper is totally playing him. Don't fall for her games. There's no way she would actually wanna date this loser!" The third boy said. The other two boys laughed. 

Griffin sighed and tried to walk away. 

"Where do you think YOU'RE going punk?" The first boy shouted, slamming Griffin into a locker. 

Griffin took a sharp breath in and reached his hand up to the back of his head. He looked at his hand. Blood. 

"I don't know what I did to you but leave me alone." Griffin muttered, once again trying to walk away. 

"What'd you say pussy? He's really gonna get it now." The leader of the boys laughed. The other two laughed as well. The boy shoved Griffin to the ground. They continued laughing and hurting him cruelly. 

At this point Griffin knew he at least had a black eye, a fat lip, and judging by the pain he felt when he breathed, a few cracked ribs. He didn't fight back anymore. He just took it. It wasn't like he had a choice. He could barely move. 

............

Harper and her friends walked out of the computer lab laughing and talking about the events of the school newspaper meeting. Harper waved goodbye as she walked the other way to her locker. 

That's when she saw the ABC's. Axel, Bruce, and Colton, the meanest boys in school. She then realized that they were beating someone up. 

"Hey! Leave them alone!" She looked over. Bruce moved out of the way, and she realized it was Griffin. Her mouth dropped open wide. The sight she saw was NOT pretty. 

"Griffin no!" Harper exclaimed. 

"Oh, don't pretend to care Harper. A hot girl like you would never like this pussy from Chicago. You can drop the act." Axel said. 

"Yeah, he's just a loser. He doesn't deserve you." Colton smirked. 

Harper dropped her backpack and walked over to the boys. 

"Fine, you asked for it." Harper said viciously. 

...........

Axel, Bruce, and Colton disappeared. Long story short, Harper highly doubted that the ABC's would ever mess with either of them again. 

Griffin lay on the floor, eyes clamped shut, seemingly unconcious. 

"Griffin? Griffin are you okay? Please, say something, anything. Talk to me!" Harper pleaded. 

"Hey beautiful." Griffin spoke softly attempting a smile. 

Harper smiled. 

"Thank God." 

..................

About an hour later, Griffin rested on a bed in the nurses office. The school day was over so only the principal was there. She couldn't leave Griffin by himself, so she just waited. 

She grabbed an ice pack and rested it on Griffin's eye. She handed him another ice pack. 

"Put this on your lip babe." Harper instructed. 

"I'd rather have something else on my lips." Griffin smirked. 

"Campbell, shut up or you get another black eye. Did they hit your head? You seem too bold for my normal Griffin." Harper joked. 

Griffin just chuckled then winced. 

"What's wrong." Harper asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"My ribs hurt. It kinda hurts to breathe." Griffin said honestly. 

Harper nodded. 

"This might hurt a little. Just relax." Harper instructed. 

She set her hand on his side, feeling his ribs. 

"Ow!" Griffin cried out in pain. Harper planted a kiss on his forehead. 

"Your ribs are definitely cracked. How bad does it hurt to breathe right now? On a scale of 1-10." Harper asked. 

"7" Griffin answered. 

That's not good. Harper thought. 

"I need you to just relax and keep the ice on your eye and lip. I'm telling the principal." Harper told him. 

........

Harper came back with Mr. Collins about 5 minutes later. He called an ambulance and Griffin's mother. Minutes later, sirens were heard throughout the building. 

.............

Griffin woke up with his mom and Harper by his side. His mom rested her hand on his shoulder. Harper held his hand and gently rubbed circles on the back of his hand. 

The doctor came in and led Sarah away to speak privately. 

"Am I okay?" Griffin squeaked out. 

"I don't know. You tell me. How are you feeling?" Harper asked. 

"You wanna feel better or do you want the truth?" Griffin asked, only half joking. 

Harper sighed. 

"Truth." Harper requested. 

"I feel like shit." Griffin replied honestly. 

The doctor and Sarah walked back into the room, grim expression on their faces. 

"What is it?" Harper asked. 

"Griffin, I am going to run a quick test." The doctor explained. Griffin nodded. The doctor sat the hospital bed upright. 

"Okay, this might be scary. It'll be okay though, I promise we won't let anything bad happen to you. I want you to take a large, deep breathe for me, okay?" The doctor asked. 

Griffin breathed inward. He felt a really bad pain in his chest. He felt as though he couldn't breathe anymore. He began to panic. His mom was taking deep breaths and Harper was asking 20 questions a second. 

That's when he blacked out. 

.....................

Griffin woke up with an air mask attached to his face and Harper sitting next to him. The doctor removed the air mask. 

"What happened?" Griffin realized that his voice was almost back to normal. And it didn't hurt when he breathed. It was sore, but he didn't HURT. 

"It's been a couple of days. The doctor was worried about a puncture in your lung when you cracked a few ribs and when you took a deep breath, your lung gave out and collapsed. But, you're all better now. You're gonna be okay." Harper explained. 

"Thank you. For, saving me. I love you." Griffin thanked. 

Harper leaned down and kissed him delicately. 

"You're gonna be okay..." She whispered softly.