Caught in the Act (griff) (part3)

I never thought that this little story would turn into three parts, but I'm really glad you guys like these ones! some happy parts, some sad parts....bring popcorn AND tissues I guess! 

part 3 to this series in which griffin's been at the psych ward for a little while now and is finally starting to adjust. harper visits him. surprise guest visits him as well. surprise ending. there will be NO further continuations of my "Caught in the Act (griff)" series after this part. 

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF SELF HARM 

If the previous statement doesn't apply to you, please enjoy the following oneshot!! love you all, stay golden! <3 

**********

It was a beautiful day as Griffin peeked through the barred shut windows of his hospital room. He wished he could go outside and relish in the gorgeous sun, but he let out a sad sigh as he knew that that was not possible at the very moment. 

He had been in the psychiatric hospital for about two weeks now. He felt as though he was getting much better, and he'd truly learned his lesson. As he had learned in group that very morning, learning from your mistakes is hard at first, but rewarding in the end. 

Griffin desperately wanted to go home. He knew that wasn't an option as of right now, but he hoped he could go home soon. He awaited the arrival of his girlfriend, Harper Dunn to show up at his door. 

It was Wednesday. Harper visited him every Wednesday and Friday since he'd arrived. The visiting time every other day was taken up by his mother and siblings. Moments later, a knock was heard at the door. 

"Come in!" Griffin called. The staff member unlocked the bolted door and led someone in. 

That wasn't Harper. 

That was someone Griffin hadn't seen in months. He wasn't exactly sure he wanted to see him either. 

Bennett Campbell. Griffin's father who had been absent the last two months after getting into a huge fight with his mom. 

In Griffin was being honest with himself, that was the main reason he had done what he did to himself. His parents had been fighting an awful lot and when Ben walked out of the door, yelling at Griffin as he'd tried to stop him from leaving, and slamming the door in his face, Griffin had broken. 

And now, here he was, standing in Griffin's hospital room, standing awkwardly at the door. Griffin's mouth hung open. 

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Griffin felt tears in his eyes. He didn't want them to come to the surface. He knew if he started to cry, he wouldn't be able to stop. 

"I wanted to come see you. Your mother told me what happened. I'm really sorry all this happened to you, Griff. Harper was willing to let me come see you today. Don't worry, she'll be back on Friday and she loves and misses you." Ben explained, relocating himself on the bed next to Griffin. The teen boy scooted away from his once absent father figure. Ben's face fell as the boy moved away, clearly uncomfortable. 

"You left us. You left mom. You left the twins. You left me. Do you know how bad that hurt? To comfort your little siblings when really you were in just as much pain as they were? To witness your mother cry all day about the man that yelled at her and walked out? To feel as though everything was your fault? No, you don't understand. Because you didn't have to go through that. I did. And it sucked. Every last detail sucked. And now I'm here. In the psychiatric ward of a hospital. Do you even know why I'm here, dad?" Griffin ranted, asking the man a question. Ben went red. He meekly shook his head.