Christmas Spirit and Mistletoe Fails

Griffin and Harper are 15 years old. They are best friends and their families are making gingerbread houses together. But when Griffin and Harper start playing around and making a bit of a mess, suspicions are aroused as more might be in store for this classic duo.

**************

"Okay, so I know we promised we weren't going to go all out, but they were on sale, Ben!" Sarah protested playfully. Jess and Sarah held three bags each full of gingerbread kits as Ben glared at them with a playful stare. 

"Girls, you said you were going to Target for ONE thing." Ben joked. 

"But they were on SALE!" Jess echoed Sarah. Ben chuckled. 

"And what do you ladies suggest we do with all of these?" Ben asked. 

"Well, we assemble them and then let the kids decorate them!" Sarah exclaimed. Jess nodded excitedly in agreement. Ben let out a sigh, smile escaping his lips. 

"Alright then. Let's get her done." He chucked. The adults began talking about the upcoming holiday as they assembled the gingerbread houses. 

*************

"Kids, come downstairs!" Was heard from Jess as her voice echoed throughout the Tremont. Griffin put down his guitar from his learning of the electric guitar chords for Carol of the Bells and Harper put down her phone as she looked at Christmas acrylic nail inspo on her pinterest account. 

They all rushed down the stairs and met their parents bright, smiling faces in the kitchen doorway. 

"What's all this?" Griffin asked, confusedly as the parents gestured to the long counter full of candy decorations and the sweet smell of gingerbread roaming about the air. 

"Gingerbread house decorating time!" Ben exclaimed. 

"Yay!" Harper and Zoey exclaimed, practically throwing themselves at the display. Wyatt and Topher smiled and joined the girls. 

"Cool!" Griffin said with a smile joining the rest of the kids. They each positioned themselves at one of the pre-assembled gingerbread house. 

**********

15 minutes had passed. Zoey's was aesthetically pleasing, neat and pink, Wyatt was pouting as his had caved in, looking as if it got crushed by a two year old, and Topher's was basic but nice looking. 

Griffin and Harper however, the gingerbread houses were only slightly decorated. They each had more frosting on themselves than on both of their houses combined. 

The 13 year old trio exchanged knowing glances and whispered fertively in each other's ears. The parents looked at the two best friends, knowing something was up. 

"Hey, guys, maybe stop flirting and finish the decorating." Topher suggested earning a laugh shared by Zoey and Wyatt. 

Harper and Griffin glared at the group. 

"We're not flirting." Harper protested. 

"Exactly. How many times do we have to tell you guys that we're just friends?" Griffin asked. 

"As many times as its gonna take for you guys to just stop lying and face the facts. You guys are DEFINITELY more than just friends." Zoey explained. The two rolled their eyes and made playful gagging noises to each other before resuming their 'friendly' playful decorating. 

FIRST PHOTO IS TOPHER, WYATT, AND ZOEY AND SECOND PHOTO IS GRIFFIN AND HARPER 

@sarah.campbell

campbell