Wild Night

Griffin and Harper are 16 years old. They are best friends. Harper goes to a party and Griffin goes to pick her up before witnessing someone hitting on her and taking things a little too far, causing Griffin to get in a fight. He wakes up in Harper's room the next morning, forgetting everything that happened the night before. 

Griffin's eyes suddenly fluttered open as he took in his blurry surroundings. 

"Hey, you're awake." He heard Harper's voice say gently. He glanced over at the rocking chair as she smiled lightly. "Good morning, bestie." 

"Where am I?" Griffin asked groggily as he looked around the room. Lots of paintings and colors. Her house? Why was he there? 

"You're in my room." Harper explained. He attempted to sit up, immediately wincing harshly and laying back down in the bed, groaning in pain. "Woah, stay down. Yes, that is pain, and you're feeling it for a good reason." 

He managed to sit up, Harper protesting it the entire time he winced and struggled. 

"What happened?" He asked, breathing deeply. 

"Oh good, good, I get to relive it for you. Okay, where to start? I was at Bailey's house, and Stace, who was supposed to be my ride, left with Landon, so I called you and you said you'd pick me up. Then, you got into a fight and almost died, is that coming back to you now?" Harper explained sarcastically. Her words were laced with sarcasm, but her eyes were full of fear. Griffin knew she had been super worried about him. His face fell and he meekly shook his head. 

"No." He weakly replied. He felt a sharp pain on his forehead and went to go feel it. 

"No, don't touch your face. I know, its pretty cut up. How're you feeling?" Harper asked delicately. Griffin winced and shook his head. 

"Not great." Griffin sighed. Harper frowned. 

"Makes sense. I can get you some ibuprofin." Harper offered. 

"No thanks. Hey, what happened here?" Griffin asked, gesturing to his wrapped arm. 

"Oh yeah, that. You fell on glass at some point, you're lucky you didn't cut your arm straight off." Harper sighed. 

"Was it really that bad?" Griffin asked, a little worried himself. 

"No, it was just a bunch of little pieces, but still bad nonetheless. Granted, it does look worse than it is." Harper assured. 

"And you didn't think to take me to the hospital?" Griffin asked. Knowing Harper being the motherly best friend that she is, Griffin was really surprised that Harper hadn't rushed him to the emergency room. 

"I wanted to, but it stopped bleeding easily enough. Plus, you yelled at me the whole time, begging me not to take you to the doctors." Harper reminded. Griffin sighed. 

"Yeah, that does sound like me." He replied shamefully. Harper chuckled lightly. 

"I just wanted to get you somewhere you could lay down and relax. You had a rough night." Harper sighed. 

"Could I walk?" Griffin asked. 

"Yeah, barely. It was all I could do to get you here. And, and at one point, you got so confused you tried to carry ME. I know I always say being delulu is the solulu and all that, but Griffin, you took it to another level. Like, do you think of yourself ever? Or do you always just think about everyone else?" Harper asked, playfully angry. 

"I was probably worried about you." Griffin guessed, turning a bright shade of pink. 

"Who's supposed to look after you? You really don't remember fighting someone?" Harper asked, with a slight chuckle in her tone. Griffin shook his head weakly.