Seven Minutes in....Hell? (part2)

(PART 2 HERE BY POPULAR DEMAND) 

Ben led Griffin back to the living room away from everyone else. 

"Sit." Ben said sternly. Griffin sat on the couch, white as a ghost hanging his head. 

They sat on silence while Ben glared at his son for at least 7 minutes. Now that's what I call seven minutes in hell. 

"Who?" Ben asked. 

"Who what?" Griffin asked innocently. 

"Well I'm guessing someone didn't punch you in the neck to give you that bruise. I'm gonna ask you again Griffin. Who gave you the hickey?" Ben asked sternly. 

Silence. 

"Griffin!" Ben shouted. Griffin sighed. 

"It's not her fault. It's mine. It doesn't matter who it was." Griffin pleaded, hoping Ben wouldn't push the subject. 

"Griffin James Campbell. Now." Ben pushed. Sarah walked in and sat next to Ben. 

"Griffin. Answer your father please." Sarah said. 

"But mom-" Griffin was cut off by Ben who was getting angrier by the minute. 

"GRIFFIN! DO NOT TALK BACK TO YOUR MOTHER AND ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION." Ben yelled, loud enough for the Dunn's and the twins to hear from the table in the other room. 

"May I be excused?" Harper asked. Jess nodded. Harper peeked around the corner into the living room. 

"WHO gave you the HICKEY GRIFFIN?" Ben asked again. 

"It was me." Harper said. Sarah and Ben turned around. Harper hung her head. 

"I'm sorry." She mumbled. Griffin looking like he'd just been punched in the stomach and looked as if he was going to be sick. 

Sarah shot Harper a small smile which Harper returned. Ben sighed and turned back to Griffin. 

"Your room. NOW." He yelled. Griffin hung his head and trudged up the stairs. They could hear the door meekly close upstairs. Ben turned towards Harper. 

"Now, I think you owe your mother an explanation." Ben said. She nodded and the two walked into the kitchen together but Sarah decided to go upstairs and check on Griffin. She knew Ben was being too hard on him. After all, Griffin was almost 15. 

She knocked lightly and opened the door to reveal Griffin sitting on his bed, knee's up to his chest, head buried in his knee's. He looked up and sighed before burying his head back, expecting to get yelled at again. He braced himself. In reality though, Sarah gently place her hand on his back and kissed the top of his head. 

He looked up, teary eyed before laying his head on his mom's shoulder. A few minutes later, in came Ben angrily. He closed the door harshly before turning to his wife and son. 

"Griffin Campbell, why?" Ben asked angrily. 

"Ben, he's almost 15, you're being too hard on him..." Sarah began. 

"Fine. Then answer me this Griffin. Did you do anything more than that?" Ben asked. Griffin shook his head. 

"GRIFFIN!" Ben yelled. 

"I already told you we didn't!" He cried out. Sarah rubbed his back. 

"SARAH, YOU, ARE NOT HELPING. HE IS LEARNING AND VALUABLE LESSON AND YOU'RE TEACHING HIM THAT IT'S OKAY." Ben yelled at the woman now. 

"He's a teenager! Teens make mistakes! He said he didn't do anything worse and I believe him! Leave him alone! It's been a long day and it's clearly been a rough one for Griff, so we're done here!" Sarah yelled, shuffling Ben out of the room. Griffin sniffled and got ready for bed steadying his breathing as he snuggled into his pillow. 

*******

About an hour later, Griffin still could not fall asleep. He heard his door creak open to reveal Harper standing there with an apologetic look on her face. 

"Harper?" Griffin asked. She walked in and sat next to him. 

"I'm really sorry I got you in trouble..." Harper muttered. 

"It's alright. Really it was my fault." Griffin said. She hugged him as he took a deep breath. 

"W-were you crying?" Harper asked gently as she took in his runny nose and red puffy eyes. 

Griffin shrugged. 

"What's wrong?" Harper asked. 

"Today just kinda sucked. I got yelled at the whole day, it's a stupid thing to cry about I know." Griffin said out of embarrassment. 

"It's not stupid. I cried too if it makes you feel any better and I only got yelled at for five minutes. I'm sorry your dad was being so harsh about it." Harper apologized. 

"It's not your fault." Griffin muttered. 

"Hey, look at me." Harper said. He looked up, watery eyes meeting Harper's. "I love you." 

"Love you too." He said. She hugged him and helped him fall asleep before going back to her own room and snuggling into bed. She slept well, knowing that Griffin felt a little better. 

(Sorry it took so long. It's a little longer than usual so I hope you enjoyed! If you have any suggestions, please let me know! )