You're not like them...

Griffin Campbell and Harper Dunn couldn't be more different. They once hated each other, but here's the story of how they fell in love. 

Griffin was the shy bullied boy while Harper was one of them. The most popular kids in school. They were popular, smart, good looking, but all of that was pushed aside to the kids who were bullied. Because they were the bullies. 

Griffin slouched in his seat with his hood up, facing down at the table. His two best friends Savannah and Ben walked over to the lunch table. They sat down. 

"Hey, how's your day going?" Savannah asked peppily. 

"Just great." Griffin replied sarcastically. 

Savannah and Ben exchanged a confused glance. 

"Griff, you okay?" Ben asked. 

He nodded. 

"What happened?" Savannah asked. 

"I don't wanna talk about it." Griffin stated bluntly. 

"Fine, but you have to eat." Savannah instructed. Griffin shook his head. 

"Griffin, now." Ben sided with Savannah. 

Griffin sighed and lifted his head. Savannah and Ben both gasped. 

He had a black eye and looked like he had gotten in a fight with a thorn bush. And lost. There was a deep cut under his eye that was still bleeding. 

"Come on bro." Ben said, gesturing to the bathroom. 

Savannah sat down as the two boys walked towards the bathroom. 

They got in the bathroom and Ben started helping Griffin clean out the cuts. 

"So, what happened exactly?" Ben asked. Griffin sighed. 

"What do you think?" Griffin asked. 

"Vance Hopper, Lajon Baldwin, Harper Dunn, and Jess Carlton." Ben guessed. 

"Bingo. Mostly Vance and Lajon. Harper and Jess just laughed." Griffin said sadly. 

Ben shrugged. 

"Why are the hot ones always mean?" Griffin asked, more to himself. 

Ben knew he was talking about Harper. Griffin had had a crush on her since the third grade until they got to high school. She used to be nice. He never used to talk to her in elementary school. She was still popular then but as soon as high school started, the popular kids became bitches. 

"Because they know they're hot." Ben replied. Griffin sighed. 

...........

Just then no one other than Vance Hopper came into the bathroom. He laughed. 

"Well if it isn't the little shit from the Tremont. Looking for round two?" He asked, advancing on the boys. "And if your friend wants some of this too, he's welcome to have it." Vance smirked. 

Just then, the toughest kid in school walked in. Robin Arellano. 

"Vance. Leave them alone." He commanded. 

"What are you gonna do about it you scrawny little asshole?" Vance asked. 

"You asked for it." Robin said, shrugging. 

Let's just say, Robin may be short and skinny and not all that intimidating, but he was mighty and didn't take shit from anyone. 

Vance started to walk out, ashamed. 

"Hey!" Vance stopped and turned around. "Fuck with Ben or Griffin again, you get fucked up." Robin warned. Vance ran out. 

Robin turned to the boys. 

"You guys gotta stick up for yourselves one of these days." He said. 

They nodded. 

..................

About a week later, Griffin sat on the bleachers after school, waiting for basketball practice. He was early, but he would rather be anywhere but home. His siblings were going through one of their twin arguments and it was really annoying. 

Just then, Harper Dunn walked into the gym. Griffin hung his head and ignored her, figuring she didn't care he was there anyways. But to his surprise, she made a beeline straight towards him. 

"How's your face?" She asked. Griffin had expected her to sound cocky but in reality, her voice was laced with compassion and sympathy. 

"It's fine." Griffin mumbled. Harper nodded to herself. 

She then sat down next to him and Griffin looked up. 

"I am really sorry about them. They have a tendency to become assholes sometimes." Harper apologized. 

"Sometimes?" Griffin asked. Harper chuckled. 

"Okay, you're right. All the time." She replied honestly. 

After about 20 minutes of talking, Griffin realized that Harper was actually pretty cool. 

"And I'm sorry I laughed the other day while Vance and Lajon were picking on you. I just feel like I have to laugh or agree just so I'll fit in. So they'll like me." Harper said, hanging her head. 

"It's okay." Griffin said sincerely. 

"No, it's not and I apologize. But the truth is, I like you Griffin." Harper confessed. He looked up at her in shock. 

"Really?" He asked. She kissed him. 

When they pulled away, she smiled. 

"Yes, really." She said with a chuckle. He smiled back.