Be Alright

this oneshot is based off of the song "Be Alright" by Dean Lewis as shown above! some of his songs have really helped me through some hard times, including this one! hope you guys enjoy! 

griffin and harper are 16 years old and they're best friends. griffin's girlfriend lila and him are going through a rough patch and  harper will always be there for him. 

It was a rainy night in Sulphur Springs, Louisiana. Griffin was standing on his girlfriend Lila's porch holding flowers with a big smile on his face. He knocked and then patiently waited for her to answer the door. He looked around at the nice white porch. He inspected the pretty windchimes and the bird feeder with one lonesome bird sipping the sweet nectar from the dish. 

Moments later, Lila opened up the door. Griffin looked up, smile quickly fading as he looked at his girlfriend, looking a mess, running makeup, and sobbing desperately. He walked inside, setting the flowers on the table and turning back to his broken looking girlfriend. 

She refused to look at Griffin even when he tried to gain her attention. Griffin was starting to worry, knowing that she did this when she was hiding something. 

I look up from the ground to see your sad and teary eyes. You look away from me, I see there's something your trying to hide. 

Griffin sighed and reached out to grab her hand to comfort her, but she quickly yanked her hand from his grasp and looked away, crying even harder. Griffin felt his eyes beginning to glass over, hating seeing Lila in pain. 

And I reach for your hand, but it's cold, you pull away again. 

"What's going on, Lila? Is everything okay?" Griffin asked, comfortingly. Lila violently shook her head and sobbed more. 

"I made a huge mistake, Griff! I'm so sorry!" She began to shake, her voice giving out on her. 

"Tell me what happened, Lils." Griffin pushed gently. 

"I know I promised I'd quit smoking for you. I promised and I'm so sorry! I couldn't! My friends offered me one at that party last week and I took it. One turned into, two, which turned into five, and then I lost count. We got high and I-I-I, I kissed Luke!" Lila sobbed. Griffin's face fell. 

And I wonder, what's on your mind. And then you say to me you made a dumb mistake. You start to tremble and your voice begins to break. You say the cigarette's on the counter weren't your friends they were my mate's. And I feel the color draining from my face. 

Griffin tore out of the house, running back to his beat up black truck. He buckled and sped out of the driveway, wanting to get as far away from the house as possible. He drove super fast home, he was lucky he didn't get into an accident. He rolled up the driveway of the Tremont and parked next to his best friend's small purple car. He turned off the engine, got out of the car, and slammed the door behind him. 

He angrily walked into the house. He walked right past the front desk where his little sister, Zoey was checking guests in and stomped up the stairs. He made a beeline straight for his bedroom and slammed the door behind him. Harper Dunn, Griffin's best friend, upon hearing this door slam, peeked into the hallway from the room across the hall from Griffin's. As she searched for the culprit of the angry slam, Zoey walked up the stairs, a worried expression on her face. 

"Hey, Harper. Is Griff okay?" Zoey asked. Harper looked confused. 

"I think so. He's with Lila right now." Harper answered. Zoey shook her head. 

"Nope, he just got home. He ran up the stairs and I heard a door slam, I'm assuming its his." Zoey explained. 

"Oh, wanna check?" Harper asked, worried about Griffin. He was home WAY too early.