Since when can you fight?

Harper was very popular. Her boyfriend, Griffin Campbell, was the opposite. He preferred living in the shadows. Harper talked nonstop to everyone about anything and everything all day long. Griffin was shyer and didn't speak unless spoken to. Harper being popular, had its perks. But it also had some downfalls too. 

Drew. Every girl fell at his feet. He was the most popular guy in school. And he liked Harper. Every girl fell at his feet. Every girl except for Harper. And he didn't like that. 

One day, Harper was waiting at her locker, waiting for Griffin to come out of his last class. She sighed when she heard his voice.  

"Hey hottie!" She heard Drew call out. 

She turned around. 

"Would you stop calling me that? For the last time Drew, I'm taken." Harper said. 

"Taken, shmaken. Campbell will never have to know." He walked over her and grabbed her hand. She ripped her hand out of his grasp. 

"Enough." She stated. That only urged him on more. Fucking horny teenagers. 

 Without warning, he kissed her. She tried to pull away but he only latched on tighter. She struggled to push him off her. 

Griffin walked out and into the hallway. He saw Harper struggling to get Drew off of her. 

"HEY! Get off my girl!" Griffin exclaimed. 

"Yeah? What are you gonna do about it scrawny? You think I'm afraid of YOU?" Drew asked. 

"Well, if you're not. Then you SHOULD BE." Griffin said. 

He pushed him away from Harper and kicked him into a locker. Harper looked at Griffin, flabbergasted. She had no idea he could do that. Griffin turned around.

"You okay?" He asked her. 

Harper nodded. All of a sudden, Griffin felt a shove from behind. He was rammed into the wall hard. He turned around. The fight was in full swing for the next 5 minutes. At one point, Griffin was thrown into a locker and failed to get up for a few seconds. When he opened his eyes to blurry vision, he watched as Drew pinned Harper against a locker as she struggled away. What he did next gave Griffin his strength back. Drew rubbed Harper's leg and she tried to flinch out of his grasp. 

Griffin immediately got up through the pain and sprinted towards Drew. He pulled him off Harper and kicked him, sending him crashing into a glass trophy case. The case shattered, leaving Drew in the pile of glass, unconscious. 

...............

Later that day, the two were sitting on Griffin's bed. Griffin had an ice pack on his head and Harper gently applied cream to his cuts. She put some on his face and he winced and flinched away. 

"It's okay.... Stay still." She finally got it. 

He then removed the ice pack from his head and laid on his bed, closing his eyes. 

"Thank you." Harper said. 

Griffin sat up.

"For what?" He asked. 

"For standing up for me dumbass!" Harper laughed. 

"You are my girlfriend. I'd do anything for you." Griffin spoke sincerely. 

"Well thanks. When'd you learn to fight anyways?" Harper asked. 

"Couldn't tell ya. It just kinda kicked in, ya know?" Griffin answered. 

Harper sat down and he kissed her before laying his head on her lap. She stroked his hair until he fell asleep minutes later. 

It was nice to know that Harper had a boyfriend who cared enough to get his ass beat for her. 

Sorry for the Cobra Kai pic up top! I had to! <33