Demonic (part2)

They screamed. Griffin gripped Harper's hand tightly.

******

Zoey and Harper shot out of bed screaming. They looked at each other. They walked across the hall. They were met with the scared looks of Griffin and Topher. 

"It was just a dream." Harper said. 

"But Wyatt's still missing..." Topher said. 

"And we all had the same dream." Zoey reasoned. 

"Whatever. Let's just- go back to bed or something." Griffin said. Everyone nodded. They went back to their rooms. After a few minutes, Griffin climbed out of bed. He tiptoed downstairs and went to his parents room. Nobody was there. He looked under the bed. No key. He tried the basement door. Locked. He let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding and walked back upstairs and got into bed dozing off.....

*****

Harper woke up in the middle of the night. She didn't know why, it just happened. She sat up and looked across the room. Zoey was sitting up as well. 

"You're awake." Harper stated. 

"I couldn't sleep. Just a weird feeling." Zoey said. Harper nodded. 

"Me too. Let's go downstairs and check what time it is." Harper offered. Zoey agreed. As they opened the bedroom door, the saw Griffin and Topher exiting their room. 

"What are you two doing up?" Topher asked. 

"We could ask you the same thing." Zoey said. 

They all agreed that there was a weird tension in the air and that none of them could sleep. It was very late, Ben and Sarah were yet to return, Wyatt was missing, and they all had the same dream a little while ago. Vacation gone wrong? 

They walked down when a door shut downstairs. They all tensed. 

"Maybe it's Wyatt." Zoey suggested. 

"Maybe mom and dad." Griffin offered. 

"Or maybe that thing." Topher said. Everyone shivered. They walked downstairs. 

Black footprints. BIG footprints. They led to the basement. 

"Why the hell is it always the basement?" Harper asked. Griffin shrugged. 

They walked towards the basement door but were stopped by an emergency report from the tv. They all sat on the couch and watched. 

The TV read: EMERGENCY BROADCAST! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION! THIS IS NOT A TEST!

A reporter soon showed up on the screen. 

"Good evening everyone. Please pay attention, this is NOT a test. In approximately one minute from the start of this broadcast, a hostile entity of unknown origin will be in your area. Secure all entrances to your house. Do not attempt to investigate any noise coming from outside your house. Do not attempt to interact with anyone outside your house. If any family member goes missing, do not attempt to look for them." The woman said. 

Griffin gulped. 

"Wyatt." He said. Harper grabbed his hand and squeezed it. They shared a look of fear. The woman continued. 

"Should an object in your home start moving on it's own, do not attempt to investigate. Turn off all lights and remain silent at all times. Should a humanoid figure appear in your house, remain calm. Do not attempt to investigate." The woman finished and the TV shut off abruptly. 

"Well, this is....interesting." Zoey said. 

"Let's cover windows and doors." Griffin suggested. Before they were able, a knock was heard at the door. They all jumped. This had really rattled them. 

They heard a voice from outside. 

"Zoey, Griffin? Harper, Toph? Is anyone there? There is something outside following me, I lost my keys running from it. Open the door, quickly." Ben said. He sounded different. Griffin went to open the door. 

"Wait!" Zoey exclaimed at a whisper. 

He stopped. 

"They told us not to open the door even if it's family." Zoey reasoned. 

"Zoey's right." Harper said. Griffin nodded. Topher looked out the window at the door. 

"I can't see anyone." Topher said. They all joined him at the window. No one. 

All of a sudden, the same black figure from before ran part the window. They all gasped. They then locked all the doors, covered all the windows, turned off the light, and went back upstairs. 

They moved one of the air mattresses in the girls' room and Topher laid on that. Zoey laid on her bed and Griffin and Harper shared the other bed. 

A few minutes later, Zoey and Topher were dead asleep. 

"I'm scared Griffin." Harper said. 

"Me too Harper." He replied. 

They snuggled closer together. 

It's been a while since I've posted to this story but I've regained some motivation! I'm now ready for your idea's, keep them coming! Love you all! <33