Wallen Songs and HOCO?

this oneshot is based on Griffin asking Harper to homecoming and we'll dive a little deeper into what I think happened on the football field in the s3 hoco scene! <3

"I can't do this, dude. What if she says no?!" Griffin panicked.

"Griff, you and Harper have been dating for 2 months now. I don't think she's gonna say no." Griffin's friend Luke chuckled.

"What if she doesn't like it though?" Griffin asked nervously.

"Morgan Wallen is literally her favorite person in this world, I think she'll love it." Luke assured. Griffin looked once more at the poster and took a deep breath. In deep purple bubble letters written in Griffin's neat handwriting, it said;

"I know I'm no Morgan Wallen.... but I Thought you Should Know that I'd be Livin' The Dream if I got to Spin You Around at Hoco <3"

He had a bouquet of flowers with daisies and white roses, Harper's favorites.

"Alright, cowboy, let's go knock it out of the park like the 98' Braves." Luke joked. Griffin cracked a smile as Luke set a black leather cowboy hat on his head.

"Stop with the Morgan Wallen song jokes, would ya?" Griffin joked.

"Never, dude!" Luke laughed.

********

About an hour later, Luke approached Harper at the Sulphur Springs football game that night.

"Sup, Harper. Close your eyes." Luke said nonchalantly. Harper raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Why?" She questioned.

"Its a surprise." Luke said. Harper exchanged a glance with her friends and they shrugged before nodding.

"Okay, Luke....." Harper sighed. She closed her eyes and covered them with her hands. Griffin rounded the corner, sign and flowers in hand and the girls squealed. "What are ya'll yelling about?"

"Oh you'll see, Harper!" Bailey exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Violet agreed, shrieking with joy.

"Keep em' closed, Harper." Luke said. She nodded. Griffin took a deep breath and nodded to Luke, signaling that he was ready.

"Okay, Harper, you can open your eyes now." Luke said, a big smile breaking onto his face. She opened her eyes.

O. M. G. Her life was officially perfect.

She opened her eyes to see Griffin looking handsome as ever wearing boot cut jeans, brown cowboy boots, a purple flannel, and black leather cowboy hat. He was holding her favorite flowers and a Morgan Wallen themed sign. Hoco? It read at the bottom.

She slowly broke into a wide grin.

"Will you go to hoco with me? If not, I guess all this was Wasted On You and I'll have to go find myself a Broadway Girl and I'll be drinking till I'm 23." Griffin rambled.

"23 is a Chayce Beckham song." Harper chuckled.

"I know but I'm running out of metaphors." Griffin blushed and laughed. Harper laughed and ran to hug him. She kissed him on the cheek and everybody was taking photos of the two at this point.

*******

*******

It had been about a month and it was finally the night. Harper was dressed in a short, long sleeved, black sparkly dress and Griffin was wearing a handsome red suit with a black glittered tie to match Harper's dress.

They had eaten a fancy dinner at the Sulphur Springs country club and took nice pictures with their friends before heading to the school for homecoming itself. They danced, partied, and had such a great time. Soon it was time for the crowning of the Hoco court.

**********

About an hour later, Griffin and Harper had been crowned rightful king and queen of Sulphur Springs high school and eventually they broke away from the party and Griffin led Harper on to the football field outside. They danced in the overhead lights and Harper laughed at some random joke Griffin told.

They kissed for a few minutes under the stars.

"Harper?" Griffin asked while they were standing on the field.

"Griffin?" Harper responded.

"I-I love you." Griffin said. Harper's eyebrows shot up. They had never used the L word before.

"You....do?" Harper asked, unsure.

"Of course I do. I've always loved you, just a different kind of love. Now, the love I have for you, is the kind that I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Griffin explained. She smiled.

"I love you too, Griffin Campbell. More than anything." Harper said honestly.

"I love you more though." Griffin smirked, playfulness demeanor shining through.

"Oh, but you don't." Harper protested.

"But I do." Griffin chuckled. They wen't back and forth like this for a few minutes until Griffin sighed.

"I wish you would've came with a Warning, because I never knew you were gonna be this Somebody's Problem and be so Heartless." Griffin laughed.

"Again with the Morgan Wallen jokes!" Harper laughed super hard. They kissed once more before rejoining the party.

hope you guys enjoyed this! I enjoyed writing it!!! <3 leave suggestions! added the songs in so the non Morgan Wallen fans AKA crazy people (jk jk but only kinda) know what i'm talking about lol!