Beautiful Mistakes (SONG FIC)

(in which griffin is thinking about harper, but he thinks she has a boyfriend.) 

***********

Griffin sighed as he drank his cup of water in front of the kitchen sink in the Tremont. It was late. All the guests and his family and the Dunn's were asleep. Griffin was awake, wondering where Harper could be. 

Harper Dunn, his best friend, his crush, was on a date. He knew she was no matter how many times she denied it. She always told him about her crush, and it made him more and more jealous every time. And now he was absolutely sure that she was out with him right now. 

Who was her crush? Well.....he didn't exactly know. That was the one detail Harper refused to tell him. He knew him pretty well, that's all he knew. Harper didn't tell him any more. Griffin didn't care. It wasn't him and unfortunately that's all that mattered. 

He walked up the stairs to his room and pulled his shirt off. He climbed under the covers and sighed as he looked up at the dark ceiling. 

It's beautiful, it's bittersweet
You're like a broken home to me
I take a shot of memories and black out like an empty street
I fill my days with the way you walk and fill my nights with broken dreams
I make up lies inside my head
Like, "One day, you'll come back to me"

Griffin remembered all the times him and Harper had shared together. He thought they'd had a couple moments, but he guessed he thought wrong. They had always flirted with each other, but Griffin knew now that none of that mattered. He felt tears sting his eyes but he rubbed them away, knowing it was probably a dumb thing to cry about. 

Now I'm not holding on, not holding on
I'm just depressed that you're gone
Not holding on, not holding on

Griffin's eyes eventually fell shut and he got lost in his own thoughts. 

***********

Griffin felt his eyes open. He was still lying in his bed. Harper was laying, sleeping peacefully next to him. She had no clothes on. Neither did he. He cocked an eyebrow in confusion as he attempted to sit up. He was sore. 

What the hell!?

***********

His eyes opened and he flew up. He looked beside him. No Harper. His clothes were still in tact and his body felt fine. He looked around and shuddered. Why would he think about that? 

Beautiful mistakes I make inside my head
She's naked in my bed
And now we lie awake, making beautiful mistakes
I wouldn't take 'em back
I'm in love with the past
And now we lie awake, making beautiful mistakes

He laid awake for a little while, desperately listening to hear the front door open. He just wanted to know that she was safe. That she was okay. That whoever her 'date' was didn't hurt her, so Griffin wouldn't have to beat someone's ass. Because he would. Any day. 

Nah-nah-nah (in my head)
Nah-nah-nah (in my bed)
Nah-nah-nah (ayy)
Making beautiful mistakes

He closed his eyes and felt himself drift back off to sleep.....

**********

Griffin's eyes opened once more. He was sitting in the old cafe. Except it wasn't Dunn's any more. It was called Jiffy's. He had some kind of latte in front of him and he looked around the diner like place. 

Harper sitting with the most popular boy in school. Mitch Walter. He watched as they laughed and talked. 

Mitch looked over and glared at Griffin before whispering something to Harper. She then looked over and glared at him. What she did next really shocked him.