Chapter 3

One moment I'm in the kitchen and making sure everything is going well for the opening of our third restaurant in the city and the other I'm pouring wine on James fucking Rivers.

River is good for nothing else than throwing shitty jokes and renting hookers while he wastes his parents' money away every day. At the age of twenty-eight he hasn't lifted a finger to earn anything of what he has. Next to him was none other then the girl in yellow, which I learned was Bella Lyon - the French princess. His fiancé.

Ever since I saw her at the ball, she's been like an itch I can't get rid of - I don't know if it was the way she arrogantly rolled her eyes at me, her bratty attitude or the way she was set on not giving me any kind of reacting like I was just some peasant. Whatever it was, made me intrigued.

Seeing her bothered me more than it should but then I saw that smug fucker too and somehow I lost my patience. I poured the wine on him, and I don't regret it at all - then I saw what she was wearing, the tiniest skirt I've ever seen, and I poured the wine on her too. Both for her choice of clothing and for choosing him out of all people.

"Pablo, are you even listening?" Bruno, my best friend and head of our mafia, asks.
I look up at him with a bored expression, "No."

He's been ranting about a girl that lured him into a room, undressed him and cuffed him then left him at the damn ball. I warned him before we went, keep your dick in your pants because there's rumors about a spy going around, but did he listen? Of course, he didn't.

"Where's your head been at lately?" He asks,
"In his ass." Luca answers dryly, my dear twin brother. Every time he opens his mouth, I'm glad that we don't look alike so people can't mix us.

Bruno laughs, even though it wasn't remotely funny. He reaches for his glass and pours himself more whiskey,

"I think you need to get laid man; you've been more grumpy than usual lately."
"Fuck, I need to get laid too." Luca says, causing me to scoff.
"Not everyone needs to get laid every other second." I say.

They both throw me a weird look,
"Is there something you want to tell us?" Bruno asks, "You do know that we're very much supportive right? I can even take you for a round if you want to be completely sure of it."
"Fuck off." I scoff, earning a smirk from him.
"Just saying, it's an open invite."

They're right though, I have been grumpy lately. I'm Pablo Romero, at twenty-two years old I've already managed to overtake three of our family restaurants, and a big percentage in Atlantis Corporations, I'm the best damn hacker in the country alongside my brother - and I'm here obsessing over a girl that's happily engaged with someone else.

"We're going to the club tonight." Bruno says, looking at me.
Luca throws me a glance, "all of us."

Usually, I'd say that I'll consider it but right now I think I need it. I have to get my mind on something else.

**

"FUCK YEAH!" Luca shouts, alongside Bruno as they dance to Danza Kuduro. Each one of them has a girl or two clinging to them, they're both wasted as fuck and I'm sure it won't be long till Luca passes out and Bruno leaves with some chick.

"Come on, hermano! Don't be a fucking party-pooper." Luca slurs, his blue eyes are completely red and he's barely able to keep them open which makes me wonder if some fucker has given him more than just alcohol. I've threatened five of his dealers, and he keeps finding new ones all the damn time.

"I'm heading downstairs." I mutter, leaving the private VIP area. I haven't had much to drink, though I probably should have but I don't like drinking that much, it leads to stupid decisions.