Chapter 6

"This place is fucking creepy."
"I guess sleepovers are not in the picture anymore..." Bruno trails off, shaking his head as he walks around inside the house.

It took me weeks to find this Victorian, but it was perfect. It's far away from the public and surrounded by a hill with a view out on the ocean, the garden around the house is also huge which gives it a bonus.

"I don't understand why you would pay so much for this, it's old and too far away." Bruno says, "what if an axe murderer comes? What you gon' do then?"
"Bruno, we're in the fucking mafia, you're the leader." I shake my head; every single time I talk to this man I feel a headache coming.
"Last time I checked, being a mafia leader doesn't mean that you're immune to axe murderers."

I look at him with blank eyes, as I curse my late cousin for putting him as the leader of the mafia.

You see, Bruno Rodriguez - mafia leader and my closest friend after my brother, is the softest person I know. On the outside, he looks like someone you don't want to mess with, mostly it's the scar and the tattoos on every inch of his body but when you get to know him, you'll find out that he's a moron that watches movies like the notebook in secret and forces us to listen to Taylor swift every damn time we're on our way to a mission.

He was my cousin's best friend and practically brother, they were inseparable until they weren't. My cousin passed away but made it clear that his position would only be taken by Bruno, the person he trusted and respected the most. Bruno likes to think of us all as the leaders though, the big trio - me, him and Luca.

"Maybe we can throw some sick parties here though." He mutters, "what do you say Luca?"
We both look at Luca, he's been silent the entire time - not even one snarky comment. Luca is mostly silent in front of people he doesn't know, but not with us.

They call him the wicked one, he looks innocent and calm on the outside but when he strikes you get to see just how evil he can be. While I prefer to use my charm to get us the connections we need, Luca prefers to be brutally honest no matter what. Sometimes it's like he's looking for trouble.

"Luca?" Bruno repeats, when he doesn't answer. Luca looks up at him with no emotions, and shrugs. "This classical music shit is making me shiver, I'm out of here." Bruno says, grabbing the motorcycle helmet.
"Adios."

When he's out, I grab a cigar and take a seat on the brown leather sofa in next to the fireplace. Luca takes a seat in front of me, he pulls out a cigarette and starts smoking too.

Some moments of silence pass by, we're both just staring at the fire.

"So you're really doing this huh.." He trails off, looking at the fireplace as he takes another drag of his cigarette.
"I don't really have much of a choice unless you want to be the one doing it."
"Por favor.." he lets out a humorless laugh, "you could easily get out of it."

My plan was never to marry Bella right now, I know that she's mine but she doesn't want to get married yet, she made it very clear that day at the club and that's why her fiancé is deep down in the ocean now. I wanted to give her some time and let her get used to me before we went there.

So, when Bruno told me that he had a meeting with her father without us - I felt my blood boil. I knew he had a point though; she'd be engaged to someone again eventually and that would mean that I'd have to keep killing her fiancés until she would be ready to get married, and when she was - it would be me standing in front of her with a priest next to us while we said our vows either way. This only rushed my plan.

I exhale, "It doesn't change anything."
He lets out another laugh, a bitter one - "It already has,"
"You lived one floor away from me, now you're a two-hour drive away and you haven't even had the engagement party yet."