Chapter 29

«Patron said to come down, breakfast is ready."

"Tell your patron that I'll eat my breakfast when I feel like it." I smile a sarcastic smile before turning around and going back to brushing my hair.

It's been days since Pablo decided to drag me back here. Even though only days have passed, it feels like weeks. Every day is more suffocating than the other, the air is filled with unspoken words that neither of us are willing to let out.

Pablo isn't even bothering to speak to me himself, he sends up one of his minions every day to tell me breakfast and dinner is ready. Dreamy honeymoon or what.

"Seno-"
"Anything else?" I cut off, giving the third guard that have come up the past thirty minutes an annoyed look.
"Uh.. No.." He mutters, before turning around with a visibly disappointed look as he walks away.

After a few more minutes I decide that I'm hungry enough to go down and eat breakfast. When I'm downstairs I'm shocked to see Pablo, usually he's done before I come. We haven't seen much of each other these past days, and when we have.. it hasn't been a nice time to put it like that.

Pablo is sitting there with Martin, which has been by his side more than usual these last days – even eating breakfast I see.

"Good morning." I mutter, a silence breaches in the air. Martin gives me a slight nod before turning to Pablo,
"Patron, I'll go so you can enjoy breakfast-"
"No need Martin, sit." Pablo says immediately, "My appetite disappeared a second ago."

I stop in my tracks and turn around to look at Pablo, making sure he knows exactly what I think about his childish remark.

I fake smile, "If your appetite is gone maybe you can go sit somewhere else so I can enjoy my breakfast then?"
Pablo lets out a humorless chuckle, "Should I thank you for blessing us with your company too?"
"No but an apology for ruining my breakfast with yours would be great." I snap back immediately.

The look on Pablo's face falls immediately, of course.

He lets out a controlled breath, "Your right Martin, you should leave."
"Si, Patron."

Martin leaves as fast as those words come out, and suddenly I'm in the dining area alone with Pablo.

"He didn't need to lea-"
Before the words are out of my mouth, Pablo rushes out of his seat and there's merely inches between us. We're so close that I can almost hear his heart beating, but I'm more worried about him hearing mine.

"I expect you to show some respect when my men are around." He says, low tone and serious expression. That's how Pablo is. He doesn't get mad and starts screaming, he doesn't need to cuss you out – his low tone, and controlled demeanor is way worse because he knows exactly how much control he possesses.

I swallow, refusing to back down – "So I can be disrespectful when your men aren't around? that sounds like an ego problem if you ask me."

He doesn't crack a smile, not even a sarcastic one – he only gets closer, and as much as I hate to admit it, my body still reacts to him in the same way.

"I'm serious Bella, watch that mouth and stop giving my men a hard time."
I look away, suddenly feeling the same feeling I've felt since the day I knew what feelings were, and hated since then. Helplessness.
"So, you can be an asshole to me, and I just have to shut up and hate it huh? Play the perfect obedient wife and keep you happy?"

After what feels like an eternity with silence, I turn around and instantly our eyes meet like he's just been staring at me instead of answering all these seconds. I look in those same green eyes that suddenly don't looks as familiar anymore because they're holding feelings I'm having a hard time at detecting or understanding.