Chapter 22

"So?"

He shakes his head, grabbing another cigarette and looking at me. I look at It for a moment then roll my eyes and take it, it's the only time I can smoke and not be caught or called any degrading words.

"So?" He repeats what I said, he leans back in his seat and relaxes completely as he takes a drag of his cigarette. We've been here for five minutes, and barely spoken a word and although his last name doesn't mean he's as big of a bastard as his brother - it doesn't stop me from giving him the same attitude.

"Why did you bring me here?" I question, exhaling as I look at the familiar surroundings of the place he took me last time I asked if he could keep me company.
"Don't know. Just bored I guess."

Just bored? Is he being serious? The lack of expression on his face tells me he is.

"Luca, seriously." I say, I've wanted to get out of the house these past days so I took the opportunity when he called me out of the blue and told me he was parked outside. I still haven't figured out how he got my number.

"Relax, I'm joking." He puffs out,
"Yeah, it was very obvious by the lack of expression on your face." I roll my eyes, "Do you always look like you want to punch someone?" I ask.
"Yeah.." he trails off, then he smirks - "Except when I'm fucking."

My eyes widen as I look at him, he has no shame or ounce of shyness in him.

"So you're telling me there is a time where you don't look like someone just killed your dog?" I reply, "Interesting."
"Is that your way of implying that you want to see the other expression?"
"Ew! No!"

He laughs, and takes another drag of his cigarette before giving it to me.

"Why are you giving my brother a hard time?" He finally asks - Pablo must have told him.
"Because your brother is a liar and an asshole." I snap, he turns around and faces me then lets out a sigh,
"I've grown fond of you cuñada, and I'm ready to welcome you into the family but don't speak of my brother like that unless he's here to defend himself."

I let out a huff and fall back in my seat, even though I'm angry I can't help but wish someone could stand up for me the same way they stand up for each other.

"Well, you asked." I say, with a defeated tone.
"What did he do?" I part my lips, about to use the word cheated but then I decide that I don't know if I can call it that - that would imply we were officially a couple.
"He lied to me, he told me he wasn't meeting other woman and I was the only one-"

I stop mid-sentence when I realize that Luca's eyes widened,

"What?" I ask, wondering if there's something on my face.
"Are you implying he cheated?"
"I.. uh.." Am I? ... "I guess so."

I don't know what I expected as an answer, but I did not expect him to laugh at me. Whole bodied laugh as if I just told the funniest joke ever. I shrink in my seat feeling completely stupid and embarrassed - maybe that couldn't be considered cheating, it's a normal thing for the men of the underworld? Am I the joke for expecting something different?

"Bella.. come on.." Luca laughs, causing my cheeks to flush red.
"I-"
"You think Pablo would cheat on you? I've known my brother forever, and this man has forgotten that other women exist after he laid eyes on you."

What? That's.. well, that's not what I expected.

"It's true!" I snap, "I have the proof - he's been meeting another woman, multiple times and he's lied every time and said he had a meeting or some work."
"Oh yeah? Show me the mystery woman then."

I grab my phone and bring up the pictures before handing it over to him. His expression falters immediately, and the laugh is completely gone.

"See? I told you!" I scoff, as he swipes between the pictures. "They even met at-"
"He's not fucking her." He lets out, keeping his eyes glued on the phone.
"What do you mean? Its literally in front of you-"
"I said he's not fucking her Bella."