Chapter 32

"How long? I'm tired Martin." I scoff, leaning my head back. It feels like we've been travelling for an eternity. I can barely keep my eyes open.

"Couple of minutes miss."
"You said the same thing one hour ago!"

Martin ignores me, and focuses on landing the helicopter instead. I learned that there's literally nothing Martin can't do. He was trained in the military, and went into further training before he could work for the Romero's.

"Finally!" I jump out of the helicopter as we land on top of the building. Martin looks around, immediatly scanning the entire place.

"Relax Martin, you don't have to be on guard twenty-four seven."
"It's my job, miss."

I shake my head and start walking away, suddenly a rush of nervousness catches up to me. I knew I wanted to get back, but it went so fast that I didn't get to prepare what I was going to say, or do – what if Pablo doesn't want to see me? What if he doesn't want to try?

I didn't think that far. Stupid Bella. Stupid.

"Martin I think this may have been a mistake," I start rambling, "What if he doesn't want to see me?"

Damn it I should have thought about it.

"God I just assumed that everything would be fine, what if he hates me.." I walk down the stairs of the building, "Or worse, what if he's already moved on? You never know with men. No offense." My ramble is cut off shortly when I notice that I've been talking to myself the past five minutes.

"Martin, have you ever heard that its rude to leave someone hang-" I stop in my tracks when I notice that Martin has his gun out and an expression I haven't seen on his face the entire time I've known him... panic.

He's scanning the entire area, and his eyes land on something that make him mutter a couple of curses. I rush to his side to look at what has him looking like a ghost, and my eyes widen in shock.

"What the hell!" I shout, at the sight of the four bodies on the ground near the entrance of the villa.
"Shh!" Martin immediately says, "there's someone here."

You'd think I would be used to sights like these considering the family I come from but if there's one thing they always shielded me from it was this. I've never even held a gun in my entire life.

My breathing starts getting heavier all of sudden, "Martin, w-where's Pablo?"
What if they did something to him? This was aimed, and who else would it be other than him? No. No. "W-What if... what if they.."
"Don't panic!" Martin butts in, "Boss isn't the easiest to take down, don't worry."

Even though his words are supposed to be calming, they don't help when they're combined with the sight of the dead bodies on the porch.

"Keep this." Martin says, grabbing something out of his pocket – a small gun?
"Martin, I've never used a gun before!" I panic, even one as small as this one. I had no idea what to do. Martin shakes his head and starts showing me what to do in quick steps, "See? Easy, now take it."

I swallow the panic and grab the gun, barely able to hold it right.

"You need to hide." He says, calmly as if we're not stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by darkness and trees.
"You're leaving me?!" I whisper yell, "This is not the time Martin!"
"I have to find boss."

My head starts hurting at the thought of Pablo being here, possibly.. possibly hurt.

"How do you know he's here?" I question, wanting to know what the hell is keeping him so calm and sure so it can help me too.
"Tracks only to house, nothing back" He points at the car tracks, "Lights are on and I saw commotion when we were landing."