Chapter 8

"Call declined"

I look at the phone screen and let out a deep breath as I swallow down the worry. He's done this before, disappearing and refusing to talk to anyone. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm starting to regret the whole move. It's harder to keep an eye on him when it takes two hours one damn way. I should have listened to him..

"He's going to come." Bruno says, almost as if he's reading my mind.
"I'm not so sure."
"He won't miss your engagement party; he just needs some time to cool off."

Bruno and Luca are very close, they practically hang out every day, but he doesn't know him like I do. Our parents are coming to the party, and he avoids them like the plague, I don't think he'll risk it.

"How are things going with your new roommate?" I change the subject. His new roommate being the only girl who manages to get on every single one of his nerves. He calls it hate; I call it love disguised as hate.
He smirks, "with her? Good, with her closet? Not so good."

I shake my head, as we enter the car. He burnt down her entire damn closet and left her a note saying that she looks better with no clothes – after she messed with his shampoo and made him blonde, so I guess they're even.

"Tell me when you end up in the same bed again." I smirk,
"Oh please-" He scoffs, "The day I share beds with Walker again is the day horses start flying."
"Sure thing."

Me and Luca have already made a bet, I've put fifty grand in this and I sure as hell won't be losing. Luca thinks it's only physical attraction, but that's only because he despises anything with feelings – I've seen the way Bruno looks at Amalie, he got a whole damn tattoo on his back of a rose because he thought it was "different." And its only coincidental that her middle name is Rose.

"Are you ready to officially become a fiancé?"
"I'm ready to become a whole damn husband." I answer truthfully. She's been driving me crazy lately. Yesterday she leaned over me and I had a fucking boner the entire drive home because I couldn't get the smell of her out of my head.

Being with her and not touching her is a kind of torture I've never endured before. I promised myself that I wouldn't touch her or cross any borders before  gives me the signal that she wants me to – which I know for sure she will eventually.

Yet she's actually behaved well lately, Martin told me that she took the dress without arguing and she even sent me a text telling me that she can't wait to wear.

"You're so whipped it makes me want to throw up."
"Shut up, we'll see how whipped you are when you finally settle down."
"Never." He smirks.

**

The car stops at Bella's house and she's already outside waiting. I smile when I see the fabric of the dress sticking out under the coat she's wearing. I can't wait to take it off and show her to my parents, I just know they'll love her.

I get out of the car and open the door for her, she thanks me and gets in. She's in a suspiciously good mood today.

"You look gorgeous." I say, taking in her look. She has her hair up in a bun, I can't see much of the dress but the yellow coat is doing her justice.
"You don't look so bad yourself." She says back, I try to search for any sarcasm in her tone but find none.

"I don't think I had the chance to introduce myself last time we met." Bruno throws her a smile, and reaches out his hand – "I'm Bruno"
"Bella." She flashes a confident smile back and shakes his hand, I see him turn her hand around knowing already what he's about to do.

"Kiss that hand, and your mouth will be sewn shut by the end of this car ride." I say to him just as he starts to lean in, he stops halfway and throws me glance before he lets go.