Chapter 11

My lips part, and I stand stunned as I look at my surroundings.

Yellow roses, everywhere - there's at least ten bouquets of them and they're all huge. In the middle of the empty restaurant is a table for two with tall candles and the most delicious looking food I've laid eyes on.

Did he do all this? For me?

"Come on, the food will get cold." He says, grabbing my hand and leading me to my seat before he drags out the chair and gets me seated. The smell of the food lingers in the air, and I feel my stomach rumble.

"I made the steak medium rare, I wasn't sure if you'd like-"
"You made this?" I ask, looking at the food then at him.
"I did." He answers casually.

I knew that he owned multiple restaurants, but I thought it was mainly just a family business passed down for him - I didn't know he could make food like this.

I cut a small part of the steak, and hesitantly taste it - unsure if it'll be as good as it looks. Before I can even control the sounds coming out, they escape the second I take a bit of the most delicious steak I've ever tasted. I pray that Pablo didn't notice, but the smirk on his face says something else.

"You like it?" He asks, smiling.
"I've tasted better." I answer, refusing to give him the satisfaction of knowing that I just reached food heaven. "I mean, it's decent I guess."
"Oh?" He says, raising a brow - "So decent is enough to get a moan out of you? Noted."

My cheeks heat up, and I bite my cheek to hold back the curses bubbling up to shoot at him - knowing how psycho he is, he'd probably use it as an excuse to spank me right here and now. I've only been eighteen for a few hours, yet I've noticed that he's not as careful with me anymore.

He refused to touch me but now he's less cautious with what he says and does even though it's nothing extreme or nearly as uncomfortable as the other two fiancés I had. I wonder how it'll be when he's comfortable enough to show his entire true self though.

"Why do you want me to sleep at your place?" I ask, I still don't trust that he's going to let me sleep in my own room, it doesn't make sense - why'd he want me to come then if not to try something?
"Our place."
"What?"
"We'll be married soon Bella; you're going to be moving in with me so you should be spending some time there before in case there's something you want to change or add before you move in."

You'll be stuck as a housewife soon, better get used to it already. Do whatever change you want because that house will be your prison while I'm out doing as I please.

"And I wanted to spend some time with you."
My eyes snap forward and meet his - it's weird hearing something like that. The other two men I was stuck with, they'd rarely say things like that and if they did it was with a tone initiating that there was more behind it. It wasn't me but rather my body they wanted to spend time with. Or at least try.

"Why?" I ask, wanting to know why he's going these lengths when he already knows that he has me whether I want to or not. I'm stuck in this arrangement, and he doesn't need to win me over.

He looks at me for a couple of seconds, then blinks and looks away.
"Ready for your gift?" change of subject. I don't get to answer before he stands up and gets something out of his pocket, a red velvet box- he walks over to my side and places it in front of me on the table.

"Open it."

I grab it and open it lazily, expecting something I've seen a hundred times before but instead - my eyes land on a beautiful silver necklace. It's graceful, and sparkly but just the perfect amount and has the letters B.R hanging in cursive. The letters have small diamonds on them.