Chapter 26

"I can't believe he actually shot him!" I blurt out, still shocked at the fact that Luca actually shot my cousin Theo. One minute I'm saying I do seconds after Amalie drags out some crazy girl trying to stop the wedding, and the other I'm watching Luca point a gun at my cousin's leg and pulling the trigger.

"I'm going to kill him when I'm back," Pablo scoffs, making me laugh as I remember how he had to excuse his brother for shooting Theo simply because he was and I quote – annoying him. To his defense though, Theo is one of the most annoying people I've ever met. Luca did what everyone has thought about at least a hundred times.

I look at Pablo and he's expression changes from annoyed to a sly smile,
"What?" I question, he comes closer and his smile widens even more. I raise a brow as I watch him throw a quick glance at Martin then back at me.
"Nothing I'm just showing some love," he puts an arm around my waist, "to my wife."

I roll my eyes, followed with a sheepish smile at the way he emphasized the word wife. I can't believe we're actually married now, I'm a wife. We're on our way to the airport, Pablo hasn't told me yet where we're going, all I know is that it's only going to be us.

"Don't wear it out now." I throw,
"Oh believe me, I'll never wear it out. Wife." He winks, causing me to give him a playful push. I feel something flutter in my stomach, it's not the pit that was formed through the entire aisle, it's the same feeling I got when I saw him on the other side of the aisle. It tickles. I'm not sure i'll ever get used to it.

"You're annoying."
"Do you know what else I am?" He pulls me closer, leaning down to whisper in my ear, "Your husband."

My husband. Pablo Romero is officially my husband.

Yet somehow, I don't feel trapped. I'm not scared. I've planned most of my life how to avoid this day, and the other part is what I'm going to do if I'm unable to avoid it.. Yet not once have I ever planned what I was going to do if I didn't end up hating it. Wanting to stay was never an option, until now.

--

My alarm goes off, causing me to let out a loud breath as I throw the clock away.
"Shut up."

After a couple of minutes off fighting myself to get up, I finally do get up and head straight into the shower. It's a small bathroom, this entire hotel room is actually the size of my bathroom at home and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I always thought being on my own would feel good, freedom would be a dream... so far its broken nails, and a three dollar conditioner bottle. Not so dreamy.

When I'm done I get changed into some of the clothes I brought with me, I pick out a Chanel singlet paired with a skirt. If he saw me right now he would probably kill me, I smile to myself at the thought of how angry he would be. The smile is wiped away the second I'm brought back to reality, he won't see it, I'm not his – I belong to no one. I'm free.

Yet somehow, a part of me deeply down is missing the feeling of his voice. Of having him next to me, and most of all his warm touch.

"You feel like home, princess."

I shake the thoughts away, this day is going to be good. I've dreamt of this for too long and I've done too much to think back, I can only look forward from now one.

When I'm dressed I head out. There's not much to do in this small town, I'm still not even sure where it is really – I got on the bus and let it lead me to anywhere, and it brought me here. I'm enjoying it though, I've lived in the city my entire life and this is... new.