EPILOGUE

"You're a monster! A fucking monster!"
"You don't deserve to live. I hope you suffer a miserable death."

I blink. Then I blink again. And again.
Hoping that when I'm done, I'll be somewhere else.

"I can't do this Bella." I breathe, feeling my chest getting tighter. "I thought I could, I can't."
"You can baby, I know you can."

I swallow, looking at the house. I've seen this house a dozen times, enough to have memorized the front porch, never ever have I gotten closer than that though. Always watching from the distance, hoping that this feeling inside me would crumble and disappear.

It never did though.

Turning around I close my eyes. I never thought I would get this far, years have passed but it still feels so fresh. It feels like a wound that's never going to close. Bella has helped me through things I never thought I could get through – this though. This was way further than I ever thought I would go.

"Pablo, a couple of months ago you refused to get behind the wheel." Bella says, grabbing my attention. "You wouldn't even sit behind there, let alone drive a car but look at you now."

It's true, I hadn't driven in years but seeing Luca and Bella driving, how happy she was. I wanted to be the one that made her happy, the reason behind her smile. At first I took small steps, Luca helped a lot – and then one day, and one day only I decided to drive with Bella.

She grabs my face and makes me look at her,
"You won't drive because you feel this guilt everytime you're behind the wheel – but that's not the issue, it's not you driving that's causing this guilt." She stands on her tiptoes so our foreheads can touch, "It's all the unspoken words and you need to say them to be able to move on."

She's right. I knew it. She knew it.

I would never move on until I could get these words out, the words weighing down on me.

I nod my head, letting her words sink in before I move my hand up and do the last thing I ever thought I would do – knock on the door, which holds years of nightmare. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't know if there was even someone there to open the door but I had to do this. I owed it to him.

After a couple of seconds, the door opens – I look up, there's no one there though. Confused I lower my gaze, and meet two adorable pair of blue eyes.

"Hello!" She squeals, "who are you?"
"Uh.. I.. Is Mr.Blake here?"
"Daddy!"

The girl runs away, leaving me and Bella alone at the door.

"I thought you said he only had one daughter and she was in college?"
"Yes.."

Before we have the chance to say anything more, he comes. My entire body freezes. He looks the same, with less hair – Immediately I'm taken back to the hospital, the scene. His screams. You're a monster. A monster.

Suddenly I feel like I'm seventeen again. Reliving every single moment as a scared teenage boy, unsure of what he just did, the lives he had ruined.

His cries.

The look on his face.

Her.

Feeling my entire body freeze, my hands start shaking and that's when I feel the soft touch of another pair of hands on mine. Calming me. Showing me that I'm safe.

When Bella realizes that none of us are speaking she decides to break the silence.
"Hi.. Mr. Blake right? I'm Bella, this is my husband-"
"I know who he is." He says, keeping his focus on me. "Come in."