Chapter 15

It's been a whole week since I saw my supposed fiancé. He hasn't been here once since our last encounter at his place which I still cringe at every time I remember how I almost fell for his words. I blame it on my period, it made me overly emotional.

"Princess, I haven't been with anyone since I laid eyes on you."

Lying jerk. The second his phone went off he disappeared and hasn't been here the entire week. He's texted me multiple times, but I've ignored each one of them- I'm not going to fall for manipulation or empty words.

My phone goes off, I expect it to be Pablo again, but it isn't. It's the same unknown number that texted me the night I left Pablo's house.

UNKNOWN: You've been good this week, keep it like that. Stay away.

At first, I thought that maybe Leah and Isabelle or Adrien were messing with me, but the texts just got weirder for each time, and now it's starting to get annoying. I ignored them until I got tired of my phone going off every five minutes.

Me: Are you like obsessed with me or something? Get a life, creep.

"Put down your phone."
I look up and see Alexis, followed by Adrien as they enter the kitchen.

"What do you want?" I ask, holding back an eyeroll.
"Fix your attitude or I'll fix it for you." Adrien snaps, I have seen him more than I like these last days - especially now that Pablo hasn't been here to drag me out of the house.

"Why haven't you been going out with your fiancé lately?" Alexis questions, because he's too busy with someone else.
"Did he get tired of dating a slut and decided to upgrade?" Adrien smiles, earning a nudge from Alexis - "What? Did I lie? Her clothes are literally shouting the word attentionwhore."
"Drop it, Adrien." Alexis warns.

I'm taken back by the fact that Alexis is actually kind of standing up for me but I'm guessing that it's just because he isn't in the mood for arguing - especially when dad is in the house.

"Where's Pablo?"
"I don't know." I answer, "and I don't care."
"Well, you should care because we need this alliance and if you fuck it up then you're the one who's going to pay, even dad is starting to get tired of your sabotaging and childish act."

Childish act. Sabotaging.

"I told you, I don't know where he is." I repeat, this time with a sigh.
Alexis shakes his head, "You have an event tomorrow, I'm expecting both you and him to be there. It'll look good in front of the other partners."

I nod and get up to leave before they can say anything else.

"Oh, and Bella?"
"what now?"
"Don't fuck this up or you won't like the consequences."

**

I grab my purse and head towards the car where Pablo is standing and waiting.

"You haven't been answering my texts or calls." He opens the car door for me, "Why?"
"Because I didn't want to." I answer, dryly.

I get inside and sit by the window, not bothering to greet or look at him. My whole mood has been bad since the conversation with Adrien and Alexis, it doesn't help that I'm seeing them at the event later today.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks, closing the door as he takes a seat in front of me. Martin starts driving the van, and I keep quiet. "I apologize for leaving abruptly, something-"
"Stop." I cut him off raising my hand.

I let myself slip a little one week ago, to make sure that it doesn't happen again I need to put some distance between us. He needs to know that he can do as he pleases, but don't expect me to play the perfect role in it.