Chapter 13

I ran.

I don't even think before I jolt out of the room, I don't run - running isn't my thing but right now I'm way too drunk to think about how stupid I look. I stop for one second and take my heels off, when I turn around, I let out a squeal when I see Pablo walking towards me.

He'll catch up if I don't do something right now to slow him down. I look around, damn it there's nothing to do - I go for the only thing I can do. I throw my heels at him, then I turn around and run like I never have before.

I run down the stairs, sliding between sweaty bodies and I'm almost at the door before I run into a body and get knocked down. Scratch that - get pushed down.

"What the hell?" I say, rubbing my head as I look up. My sight is still blurry, and the room is spinning now more than ever.
"You should look where you're going sweetie." A feminine voice says, "before you know word of it, you'll be running into danger."

Running into danger? What the hell.. I blink to focus, I've seen her before - I think. She looks familiar? The short brown hair, and that creepy smile.

"Stay away from him, I won't warn you more than once."
"Who?" I ask, confused - I've never met this lady before. "Who are you?"

She looks behind me and smiles like she's just seen a puppy, then she disappears into the big group of people.

I barely get time to think before I'm lifted and slung over a shoulder,
"Hey!" I shout, "let me dooown!" I punch and try to kick my way out of the grip but it only tightens. Then the smell of shampoo and aftershave hits my nose and I realize who it is..

I feel his hands on the naked skin of my thigh, suddenly the room gets unbearably hot. I feel goosebumps on my entire body - what's going on with me? Did I catch a damn cold or something?

The further he walks, the more I feel the music tune out. After a few moments he opens a door and the music is almost completely toned out. He lets me down on my feet, and I almost fall right away but he holds a grip on my waist that keeps me standing.

I look up and see a fuming Pablo - at least I think he's fuming. He's too calm, but his eyes are scanning me from top to toe. I'm in basically nothing but a glittery bra-top and a miniskirt. I look at him and see his jaw clench.

Why does he look so hot when he's mad.

"Pablo-" Before I can get another word out, my back hits the wall. His hand is on the back of head so I don't feel the impact but he's so close that I can barely breathe. His lips are almost on mine, and my heart is beating so fast I think it's about to jump out of my chest.

"Not only do you go against my orders, but you lie to me and you manage to find the most revealing clothes to show everyone what belongs to me." He says with a way too calm, controlled voice. It sends a wave of heat straight down my legs.

"My body isn't yours, it's mine." I say back, swallowing as I try to calm my breathing. It feels like I've ran a marathon but that's not the reason I'm having a hard time breathing.
"It is yours, but it's also fucking mine." He says with raging eyes, "You belong to me, all of you."
"Of course." I spit, "I belong to you like some damn property while you can go around and give your body to anyone you please, right? Because that's how it works? You're a man and I'm a woman, that makes it automatically okay."

I expect him to tell me that its exactly how it works. To agree. To throw it in front of my face like any man in the underworld would have.

Instead he grabs my hand and places it on his cheek, he slides it down to his neck then down his chest and stomach slowly.