Chapter 16: Resting Bitch Face

Chapter 16

Dennise's POV

    I woke up to the continuous ringing of my phone just above my head. I lazily reached for it just to see Carl's name blazoned across the blinking screen. After a few minutes of thinking if I should answer the phone, I answered; because, duh, he's my boyfriend, why shouldn't I?

"Hey," I answered. Forcing my eyelids to open.

"Hey, babe, good morning," he said on the other line, "I just wanted to invite you tonight for dinner," he continued.

"Oh," I mumbled, "W-What time?" I got up and sat on my bed. Tumingin ako sa orasan habang kati-kati ang batok ko. It's 6:25 in the morning; and I haven't had much sleep. Just thinking that Ros is just downstairs and sleeping on my couch, like that would let anybody sleep tight at night. I mean, you know? Without wanting to watch her sleep. That overwhelming desire to watch her beautiful face sleep. That sounded really creepy; I wouldn't want her to wake up seeing me staring at her like a psychopathic serial killer ready to prey on it's victim now do I? I just spent my night staring at the empty ceiling and waited for hours for drowsiness to finally eat me and my counsciousness to drift away slowly. And fortunately it did, just minutes ago, though. And it's been ruined again.

"Susunduin kita mamaya ng 8 pm," he paused, "See you soon, aren't you a little a late for work?" He said; I can feel him smiling on the other end.

"Yeah, I guess I am," I lazily said and scratched my head.

"OK, ingat ka na lang, babe, love you," he bids.

"I love you too, bye," sabi ko at ibinaba ang phone.

"Good morning, Thompson," tumingala ako sa pintuan; sumalubong sa akin ang mukha ni Ros. I stared at her; admiring her with the white tank top and red pair of shorts that I lent her last night. She looked stunning. Even I can't pull off a hot look on that outfit.

"G-Good morning," I replied. Oh shit, I have to cook breakfast. Shit, do I have any food in this house? Stupid! You don't have any! Argh!

"Pwede ba akong makigamit ng banyo? Maliligo lang ako sandale," I wanted to suggest that there's one downstairs but hell, andito na siya eh, pabababain ko pa ba siya?

"Y-Yeah, sure, go on ahead," I stammered while wiping my eyes. She started to make her way to the bathroom.

"May towel na diyan sa may cabinet just in case you need it," I said. She smiled at me and immediately went inside the bathroom.

"Oh shit, breakfast, breakfast, breakfast," I mumbled as I got out of bed and made my way downstairs, all the way to the kitchen.

"Ugh," I rummaged through the cabinets but still none. Even coffee! What the hell?!

I pinched my nose bridge and pinched it hard.

"Huy? Problemado? Anyare?" Tumingala ako sa may hagdan; nakita ko ang bagong ligo na si Ros.

"It's just that..." I hesitated.

"Kung nag-aabala ka pang gumawa ng umagahan wag na, dederetso na ako sa Coffee Galore nito, medyo late na nga ako eh," she said between her smile.

"Ihahatid na lang kita," I said, "Just wait for me, I'll get dressed real quick," I said. Papaakyat na ako nang hawakan niya ang balikat ko at pinigilan.