Chapter Six

————

Yoongi can't seem to understand why you treat him so differently than other people. That leads to your first heated exchange with him, which leaves you deeply offended.

————

"Jeonha." Yoongi's 'favourite' concubine, Mirae, wrapped herself around his arm, leaning against him with a sultry smile on her face. She wasn't really his favourite. To Yoongi, he was just used to her and familiar with her.

"What's on your mind, my king?" She asked.

"Nothing you need to concern yourself with." He scoffed. Yoongi sat in his bath, Mirae joining him. From when she entered the bath, Yoongi seemed distracted, not giving her the usual attention that he did. Instead, he was looking out the window, where you and Jimin were.

"I wanna do it!" You told the gardener excitedly. Jimin helped you tie your hair up as you placed the new seedling into the soil.

"Grow well." You smiled as you packed the soil around the little plant.

"Hi five!" You held your hand out to Jimin, who just blinked at you in confusion. The gardener had moved on, tending to the other plants. You laughed, grabbing Jimin's wrist and hitting his palm against yours.

"What was that?" Jimin asked.

"It's called a hi five, Jimin ah." You chuckled, demonstrating it again. Jimin nodded his head in understanding. Yoongi lifted his palm from the water.

"Jeonha, why are you so interested in that? She's not even from here, a foreigner." Mirae asked, tucking herself under Yoongi's arm, placing her hand on his bare chest. She was acting as cute and innocent as she could, hoping Yoongi would take her to bed after this. Yoongi whipped his head to glare at the girl that was by his side.

"You speak of her with such spite, Mirae." Yoongi raised an eyebrow,

"My apologise, jeonha. The girls and I just don't like your attention being on someone that isn't even worth it. The audacity she has to not even call you respectfully." She explained.

"Well..." Yoongi turned to look out the window again.

"And besides, she likes her attending, Jimin, doesn't she? He doesn't even sleep in his servant quarters anymore and always leaves her room only when the sun rises and he attends to his morning duties." Mirae blinked.

"Hoseok!" Yoongi called out to the servant, who was on the other side of the door. Hoseok rushed in on demand, bowing to the two in the tub.

"Get her out of my sight! Right now!" He sneered while Mirae whimpered. Hoseok immediately helped Mirae out, wrapping her in a robe and leading her out of the private bath.

"These people don't know their place." He shook his head angrily. Turning his head, he watched as you stared at the butterfly Jimin caught in his hands. The look of surprise and wonder on your face was endearing.

"Okay, okay. Let it go." You told Jimin, who let the butterfly go. You watched it fly away with a smile.

"I'm done." Yoongi announced, stepping out of the tub.

"Yes, jeonha." Hoseok came with a cloth to dry him up and dressed him. Same as always, Hoseok brushed Yoongi's long hair.

"Don't bother. I'm going to the garden." Yoongi stopped his servant from adorning his hair with the gold accessories. Hoseok nodded, tying his blonde hair up simply and securing the fringe in place with his usual black headband. He secured the silk band at the back with pins.

"Jeonha." Seokjin and Jungkook bowed as Yoongi pushed his room doors open. They went to the garden where you were sitting in the shade with Jimin.

"Ugh." You scrunched your face when you saw Yoongi approaching with the entourage. Jimin's eyes widened, falling to his knees to bow to Yoongi. The gardener did the same.