Drabble #2 "the nightmare"

————

"Aegi." Your eyes opened when you heard his voice.

"Yoongs?" You looked around. The entire place was empty, just a plain white room with you being the only one there.

"Aegi? Where are you? Please come home. I need you." You heard Yoongi call out to you, his soft cries echoing. Your heart broke as tears filled your eyes, you hated when Yoongi cried. His voice seemed to sound from everywhere around you and yet, you couldn't see him.

"Yoongs. I'm here." You called back. There was a bright flash, making you wince and step back, shielding your eyes with your hands. There, you saw his familiar back.

"Yoongs!" You ran to him but your hand passed right through him. Stepping in front of him, his eyes were kept ahead.

"Oh, Yoongi." You stared up at him.

"I'm right here, Yoongs. Don't cry anymore." You whispered. He just stared through you, face entirely stoic, his eyes distant. Closing your eyes, tears fell down your face. You just wanted to hold him again.

"Aegi." He called.

"I love you, Yoongs." You smiled softly, tears still pooling in your eyes. With shaky hands, you reached up to try and touch his face before just like that, he slowly dispersed in your hands, becoming nothing but dust. Just as the wind blew, you head him whisper your name one more time. You fell to the ground, on your knees.

"Come back." You cried.

You sat up, cold sweat covering your forehead and tears spilling down your cheeks. Reaching up, you wiped them away, pulling the blanket up to try and find yourself some comforting warmth.

"Yoongi." You slipped out of bed, grabbing your cardigan. Like that, you left your room. Your feet subconsciously brought you to Yoongi's chambers.

"Yoongi?" You called softly. There was no reply.

"Yoongi." You pushed open the door. Yoongi was sound asleep on his bed, the moonlight illuminating his face. Just seeing his face brought on another round of tears.

"(y/n)?" Yoongi stirred, jumping in slight surprise when he saw you standing there, crying.

"What happened?" Yoongi frowned, beckoning you over. You let out soft sobs, heading over to him like a child. He gently gathered you into his arms like you were a fragile baby bird. You cried into his chest, letting Yoongi comfort you. He was shocked by your sudden display of emotions.

"Shh, it's okay." He comforted with a whisper. Yoongi didn't ask what brought this on, he just quietly consoled you, giving you all the attention and comfort that you needed.

"Don't cry." Yoongi put you in his lap while you clung to him.

"Sorry." You whimpered.

"Don't apologise, it's okay. Take your time." Yoongi spoke. If you were actually looking at his face, you would see the faint blush taking over his cheeks.

"Do you... want to talk about it?" Yoongi offered. You shook your head and he let out a hum. You didn't know how much time past but you had fallen asleep in Yoongi's arms.

"I hope I never have to see you cry again." He whispered, brushing the hair from your face. He laid you down beside him, keeping his hold on you. All he hoped was that no one hurt you, causing you to cry again. Or else, they would face punishment from him. If he could protect you from all the pain in the world, he would do it.

"Sleep well." He kissed your forehead, pushing your head to his chest. His warmth and secure hands around you kept you asleep for the rest of the night. Yoongi leaned his head on top of yours before falling asleep as well.