Chapter Twenty Three

————

You're trying to live your final days here as best as you can, even if it's just with Jimin and the occasional Taehyung.

————

The day of the full moon was slowly getting nearer. You were experiencing a huge mix of feelings. Of course, you were excited and happy to be able to go home and see Yoongi again, as well as the other boys. But for some reason, a part of you was sad to leave.

"Smells good!" Taehyung came through the door. You blinked, quickly removing the pan off the flames.

"You scared me, Taehyung. I didn't think you were coming for breakfast." You chuckled, acting completely normal as you plate the french toast onto the plate with the others.

"Jimin told me your cooking is good so I decided to come and see it for myself." He grinned excitedly. Speak of the devil.

"Taehyung gun." Jimin blinked as he came out of the bathroom. From his face, you could tell he was not expecting the prince as well. But he still bowed respectfully. Taehyung waved lazily, taking a seat at the table.

"Hello, Hayanie~" Taehyung cooed.

"Taehyung heard about my food and decided to join us for breakfast." You explained with a giggle, to the still very clearly confused Jimin. He nodded his head and let out a sigh of relief. He had expected Taehyung to come with bad news. While you finished cooking breakfast, Jimin brewed some tea and gave the prince some cookies that you baked together yesterday.

"These are good!" Taehyung said excitedly.

"Jimin and I baked them yesterday. It was very fun." You smiled, placing the plates of food on the table.

"What? Where was my invite?!" Taehyung pouted.

"If I had known you were interested in making cookies with us, I would have asked Jimin to go get you then." You said. You wouldn't go near the palace for now, not wanting to risk running into Yoongi.

"What's this?" Taehyung asked as you and Jimin took your seats around the table.

"This is called french toast. You make a dip with egg and dip the bread inside. After that, you fry it and sprinkle sugar on top. I made this sauce, called caramel. It's almost like burnt sugar but not. You can eat it together." You demonstrated to the two of them, who watched you in awe.

"Let me try!" Taehyung said, copying you.

"This is very good! I think it's my favourite so far." Jimin complimented, having already taken a bite of him. Taehyung cut a piece, putting some caramel and popping it into his mouth.

"Mmmm. So good!!" His boxy smile appeared. You chuckled, taking another piece onto your plate to eat.

"This is an egg, lightly fried in oil. The bottom is crispy and the yolk is still runny so you can dip the vegetables." You broke the yolk of your sunny side up egg.

"It's creamy." Jimin noted.

"I like to dip it. Makes vegetables nicer to eat." Taehyung said, taking another egg just to dip his carrots in.

"You guys are seriously so funny." You threw your head back in laughter, these boys were so easily amused by the simplest of food, that use cheap ingredients and can be made in only a matter of minutes. They probably found royal court cuisine so boring since they eat it everyday but back home, it was regarded to such a high standard and opulence.

"You know the royal cuisine you guys eat now, it's a delicacy in my time. Not a lot of people know how to cook those dishes so it's expensive and rare." You told them.